• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED} SimplicityXL V3.0.0 {RELEASED 10/29/14}

I like the ROM and its working great, but every time I boot the phone a window pops up asking me for super user permission to run Performance Control. Is there any way to get rid of that? I'm giving the phone to someone else who is a total non techie noob and I don't want them to have to see that every time they turn on the phone.
This is strange... Now every time I boot the phone I get a message that Performance Control was denied superuser access, and it doesn't give me the option to allow it. Then when I try to open the app, it says root access failed or busybox was not found. (I do have busybox installed)
I don't know what I did to cause this!

I just want to delete this app but it appears to be a system app that is not deletable. Is it safe to "Disable" it???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try clearing data on performance control and on superuser
Thanks that must have fixed it. I'm back to where every time I boot up the phone, a window pops up for about 10 seconds asking if I want to give super user priveledges to Performance Control.
If I don't hit yes then does that mean the app is not doing its thing optimizing the CPU(s) or whatever it does?
Is there a way to make this message not appear. Any way to give Performance Control permanent super user status?

Upvote 0
Next question: The phone has downloaded a 201MB MetroPCS system update and is bugging me to update it either now or later. Also I am getting a notification to accept the LG apps rights agreements (no I don't want to accept, and I want it to quit asking me).
Since this is a custom ROM them why are the these things appearing on my phone???

Upvote 0
Thanks that must have fixed it. I'm back to where every time I boot up the phone, a window pops up for about 10 seconds asking if I want to give super user priveledges to Performance Control.
If I don't hit yes then does that mean the app is not doing its thing optimizing the CPU(s) or whatever it does?
Is there a way to make this message not appear. Any way to give Performance Control permanent super user status?
Yea go to superuser look for performance control set it to allow and cut notifications off so you won't see it anymore

Reactions: jmm92108
Upvote 0
Next question: The phone has downloaded a 201MB MetroPCS system update and is bugging me to update it either now or later. Also I am getting a notification to accept the LG apps rights agreements (no I don't want to accept, and I want it to quit asking me).
Since this is a custom ROM them why are the these things appearing on my phone???
Yeah that won't go away..maybe install a root uninstaller and uninstalling the update app

Reactions: jmm92108
Upvote 0
Yes you can use that if you have the MetroPCS version.

EDIT:Sorry I misunderstood the question, the download can be found on the second link, and the tool will automate the flashing just be sure to put the downloaded file in the same folder you put the tool then run it.

Okay so after using the first link to unlock the bootloader, what about flashing with clock work mod?

Upvote 0
How i edit the name of this ?

Attachments

• 1417551507775.jpg
    1417551507775.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Yeah that won't go away..maybe install a root uninstaller and uninstalling the update app

But if I have the Simplicity ROM installed then why is there an OTA update app that downloaded a MetroPCS update in the first place?? Is everyone with this ROM also having this happen?
I used a root file browser and found and deleted the 201MB update file (it was in the Cache folder) but I still have the notification telling me to install the update!
I downloaded a system app remover and deleted "OTA Updater" and "Update Center". Rebooted the phone and I still get the notification to install the update (which I already deleted).
Does anybody know how I can get my phone to stop nagging me to install the update?

Upvote 0
But if I have the Simplicity ROM installed then why is there an OTA update app that downloaded a MetroPCS update in the first place?? Is everyone with this ROM also having this happen?
I used a root file browser and found and deleted the 201MB update file (it was in the Cache folder) but I still have the notification telling me to install the update!
I downloaded a system app remover and deleted "OTA Updater" and "Update Center". Rebooted the phone and I still get the notification to install the update (which I already deleted).
Does anybody know how I can get my phone to stop nagging me to install the update?

OTA Updater is my app;) so that you get ROM updates easily whenever i release new versions. Theres a fix to remove the LG update notification but i forgot, search around the forums i saw it here recently.

Reactions: antonioblee1
Upvote 0
Oh so you're saying that I should have installed that update?? I thought it was a MetroPCS update...

No, it was the Metro update, you'll know the difference between my notification and Lg's notification if i ever release an update for Simplicity .

Your still releasing updates for this ROM?

Only time will tell. right now i have nothing in the works, i have finals for the next few weeks so i can't even if i wanted to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones