• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do any custom ROMs NOT break something.

Aaron91RS

Mar 24, 2010
Every ROM out there seems to breaks something whether it be the camera or 4g or bluetooth or something else. Even the stock rooted ROM has a disclaimer to flash a new custom rom because the rooted stock one isn't perfect.

Is this just an android thing in general that all these custom ROMs have certain tradeoffs where something gets messed up?

*I'm sure I'll get reply from someone saying I have ____ rom and it's great, but you have to realize you can pull up threads where 10 other people have issues using it.

What happens if you do the wipe correctly, then restore a titanium backup? I backup my apps + system settings since I want to retain my SMS and call log, etc. Does restoring this affect the things that doing a data wipe is supposed to clear up?
No, you'll be good. I've been using Fresh since 0.3 and I've had zero issues with that or the new release. They are the most complete Roms out there. Smooth as silk, like it came from the factory that way.

Upvote 0
OK some newbie questions

Does fresh 5.3 keep senseUI?
If I just took the EVO out of the box do I need to do a backup since I have nothing of my settings on the phone to lose
Do I need to do a wipe on an EVO just out of the box.

Yes it keeps sense... I'm not sure about the wipe

You should do a nand backup before you flash any rom just in case something goes wrong and you need to restore

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones