• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do extended battery actually works

pancho32392

Android Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Sorry for asking somethin like that but people been saying the mAh actually doesn't have the capacity the same as they telling you and soo I got confuse and rights now I'm having horrible battery life and I'm on custom stock Rom

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352253373820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352253373820.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 123
Yeah, they work. You just have to make sure you don't buy a Chinese knock off.

I disagree. I bought a chinese knock-off for $7 shipped and it included a cover. Excellent battery and I get close to two days per charge. Im not a heavy user but on the stock battery I get one day. Only downside is that it won't fit the car mount anymore.

Ive found through the years that there is little difference in extended batteries with high and low prices.

New HTC EVO 3D Extended Battery and Battery Door Cover Black LiIon 3500 mAh 3 7V | eBay

This is my usual 24-hour day status:

wrkm4m.png

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I bought a chinese knock-off for $7 shipped and it included a cover. Excellent battery and I get close to two days per charge.Hope this helps.
I agree, bought the same thing from another US seller. Nice thing is that instead of the hump it's extended the full length which allows you to use an extended tpu case.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I bought a chinese knock-off for $7 shipped and it included a cover. Excellent battery and I get close to two days per charge. Im not a heavy user but on the stock battery I get one day. Only downside is that it won't fit the car mount anymore.

Ive found through the years that there is little difference in extended batteries with high and low prices.

New HTC EVO 3D Extended Battery and Battery Door Cover Black LiIon 3500 mAh 3 7V | eBay

This is my usual 24-hour day status:

wrkm4m.png

Hope this helps.

Wow O.O I can see extended battery works a lot thanks and dam I'm thinking about it I should get this one first and the other one that have 4000

Upvote 0
I got an extended battery on eBay for $6, and it makes a huge difference. I'm trying Mobster ROM, and my battery was draining very fast...I was getting just a few hours of use (like 3). My screen is on constantly as I text and browse the web a lot, throughout the day. After I got the battery (this week), I went over a day without charging, with a screen on time of over 3 hours, and my battery wasn't dead yet. Once I switch back to stock I expect the battery life to be way longer, and if I didn't use my phone so much, it would be even longer. It's a little bigger and heavier, and I can only use the case that came with it, which is too bad since I like to change the look of my phone, but it's definitely still worth it.

Upvote 0
Sorry for asking somethin like that but people been saying the mAh actually doesn't have the capacity the same as they telling you and soo I got confuse and rights now I'm having horrible battery life and I'm on custom stock Rom

Horrible battery life is usually a rouge app consuming your battery. i had the same problem and discovered it thanks to reading other posts in this forum.
Ex. tweetdeck will drain my bat like crazy. Also, third-party clock widgets that look very nice but they eat battery like crazy as well.
Something you might want to look into.

Upvote 0

Also, Try to install JMZ kernel and install "Kernel tuner" that way you can control your cpu cores. making them run in "conservative" mode still keeps performance and helps with battery a looot !!!

Upvote 0
I've been running the Harmonia rom for 3 weeks or so and using a 240 mah battery I got on eBay for under $7.00 I've seen close to 3 days of use.
I've posted an attachment but it may not show up because I'm a new user (First time poster.... I've lurked for a couple months now). All I did was to charge the battery overnight, allow it to fully discharge and recharge it every couple of days.

My thanks to all of you who put so much time and effort into these ROM's for the community. I hope that I may learn and hopefully contribute

Attachments

• 20121108133101a.png
    20121108133101a.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
if you are curious about whatvis eating your battery (without using an app that will eat more of the battery) you can download Carat. I think it is free. It will immediately tell you some things, and after a week or so of learning your use will make recommendations.

I was shocked to find thatbthe battery monitor widget I was using (which didn't tell me which programs were hogging battery) was the biggest hog I had :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones