• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I go to iPhone

danoffset

Hi guys, I've had the note 3 for a few weeks now. Don't get me wrong it is a great phone. Thing is I don't use it to full potential and I do find it a little bit too big. I hardly use the s-pen. I've always had androids and when my upgrade was due I just went for what was the best out. So, I'm in a bit of a predicament, I wouldn't mind trying something new, maybe something I'd use fully and something that fits in your pocket and hand a bit easier (the note 3 is definitely a 2 handed phone for me) do I try ios? Not interested in any of the other Samsung range (s4 etc) or do I stick with it? Not sure guys.... Help me out

Lol, if I do that then I won't have my note 3 anymore to switch back to incase I don't like it. Hence why I ask the question to see what you guys advise :-)

All righty then... You may not use all the features and power right now but stick around these forums and you'll be a power user before you know it. Keep the Note 3 and join us as we unleash the beast!

something that fits in your pocket and hand a bit easier (the note 3 is definitely a 2 handed phone for me) do I try ios? Not interested in any of the other Samsung range (s4 etc) or do I stick with it? Not sure guys.... Help me out
So there's no Galaxy that fits in your pocket?

Odd.

See most are to quick to judge, I come with a genuine question and some people can't help but make fun and silly remarks. Thanks guys

I apologize for the other remarks. Sometimes a kid get's into their dad's login and just can't help themselves.

Your question is valid. The Note 3 IS huge and feature packed. I love mine to death. I came from the iPhone a while back an it is a great platform of simplicity and conformity that just WORKS. Very little in the way of glitches. But the trade off is there is very little in the way of making it your own. No widgets, no gesture-type keyboards (Swype), just vanilla.

It's really up to you. If you are happy with just having a smart phone that works well, has a ton of available apps, and can live with the awful iTunes then the iPhone is not a bad phone. There are many other options out there for Android devices that are much smaller. My last phone was a Motorola Razr Maxx HD it was great. A little bigger than the iPhone, but much smaller than the GN3.

What was your phone before the Note? What were you using previously (operating system, etc.)? Also, who is your carrier? If you go back a couple models you can pick up like-new phones for great prices. Since you have had the GN3 for three weeks, isn't your test period up? Or does your provided give you a longer time to decide? Verizon only gives us 2 weeks.

Thanks methos, my last phone was the S3, that was great. I always like the newest gadget out. I will be sticking with then note 3. Thanks

If your last phone was the S3 then you are very used to Android. I would think you would not be happy with the iPhone's lack of configurability. Sounds like you made the right choice.

Although, since you don't like the S-Pen or the size, the S4 would be a good choice.

I thought I wouldn't like or use the S-Pen much but I'm finding I use it more and more lately. I thought the size would be troublesome for me as well but from moment I owned it I have not had a problem with it's size.

If the N3 is not for you then why not consider another Android? IPhone is so small and so limited in any kind of customization. Steve Jobs, for all his brilliance in new ideas and marketing, always thought folks should use his products AS IS as his ideas were the best. Period. It's funny, many years ago he was asked after the iPad came out if he ever considered a smaller size. I don;'t recall his exact answer but it was something about him researching that he came to the conclusion that 10 inches was the perfect size for a tablet. He did not consider anything else. I just read today that 10 inch tablets saw a 36% decrease in sales while 7 inch tablets have seen a 550% increase.

I agree with the others that said keep it awhile and you will probably find you really like it and could never go back. Then again, I understand that most carriers only give you two weeks to decide. Good luck with your decision, Dan.

L

I'd look into the Moto X. That looks like a good device to me. it actually packs a pretty good sized screen into a reasonable form factor. My stepson has a note II and whenever I see him talking on it all I can think of is "why is he holding a cookie sheet to his head.":p

Honestly, I don't thnk since my OG Droid I have used a phone to its potential (yeah, my OG is still up and running as my alarm clock) and I don't think you or most any of us would use an iPhone to it potential.

What do you like to do with our phone? I see you have been around for a few years, so I'll guess this isn't your first Android Smartphone. Is it games, apps, messaging. Different phones may work better for you depending on your interests.:)

PS. Childish posts and retorts to them will be gone shortly.;)

I dont care for ios - had it on a itunes thing years ago - ipod I think they called it. Nice UI, but basic, a small screen and not much in the way to make it my own.

Thats why I'd never buy one now. That, and the fact I cant stick a card in it or change the battery.

Had an s2 - awesome at the time. Had a note. Awesome at the time. Had a note 2. Still awesome. Now a N3. I wouldnt ever consider an apple product. Too locked. They want you to use it in a way that is not compatible with me.

My old Desire (yes the original) does everything the iphone 5 does - and more.

Hi guys, I've had the note 3 for a few weeks now. Don't get me wrong it is a great phone. Thing is I don't use it to full potential and I do find it a little bit too big. I hardly use the s-pen. I've always had androids and when my upgrade was due I just went for what was the best out. So, I'm in a bit of a predicament, I wouldn't mind trying something new, maybe something I'd use fully and something that fits in your pocket and hand a bit easier (the note 3 is definitely a 2 handed phone for me) do I try ios? Not interested in any of the other Samsung range (s4 etc) or do I stick with it? Not sure guys.... Help me out

If you go to the Iphone 5S then you will get a phone with a tiny screen which is far less powerful, less configurable but looks quite pretty. My advice would be to keep your note 3 and the Iphone 5S packaging so that if you need to sell the Iphone you don't lose too much money.

I've grown use to the note 3 size and speed. If I changed my mind, I would only consider the LG G2. There's really nothing else out there that comes close to matching the Note 3 in size and speed like the G2.

I had the Galaxy Nexus before the Note 3 and it was small and slow compared to the Note 3. If you're into computers like me, it's like comparing a SSD to a regular tradition 7200 rpm hard drive. Yes it even makes my Ipad mini and Iphone 4S look look and feel slow.

Honestly, I had the Moto X for a few weeks before trading it for the Note 3. It was honestly the best and smoothest android phone I have ever used, including the Note 3.

I was coming from the Note 2 and just missed the extra screen space and spen features. The camera on the Moto X wasn't great, but it was without a doubt good enough for shooting pictures to post on the internet. The overall size of the Moto X is very similar to the iPhone, however the screen is much larger. If you want to stick with android and 16gb of internal storage, non removable battery are not deal breakers, go with the Moto X. Another plus to the Moto X is it is as close as you can get to pure android without going with a Nexus device.

Why are people bashing the OP? The Note 3 is an awesome phone, but it is definitely not for everyone. Options are great, I loved my iPhone when I had it, but decided to try something different. Now I love my Note. If a larger screened iPhone comes out, who knows, I may try it too.....

Other than the Note 3, I would highly recommend taking the LG G2 for a test drive. Incredible battery life, excellent screen and a good bit smaller form factor. However, you do lose the removable battery and SD slot.

i was a little taken away at first to the note 2 and it took a while to get used to it...the Note 3 feels taller than the note 2 because its more square plus it has a slightly bigger screen and i got that same feeling i did when i first got the note 2. i just kept thinking, "is it too big? am i going to be able to get used to it?". iam happy to say i have. now i have no trouble using the note 3 with one hand.

Bigger screen on the next iPhone and look out Samsung you may have some stiff competition. I seriously though about going to the iPhone. Never had one before. It's a quality product that does what it does well, but coming from a bionic I just couldn't go to a smaller screen. Other minor things like on Verizon you can't talk and surf on data, yes I actually do this at times, and I like removable batteries and sd cards. So far I'm super pleased, this phone is amazing and then some. For some this may be too big but I love it.

All righty then... You may not use all the features and power right now but stick around these forums and you'll be a power user before you know it. Keep the Note 3 and join us as we unleash the beast!

Very well said!

I purposely arranged a light work schedule so as to give me lots of time with my Note 3. As it turns out, that was a very smart move. The vast plethora of useful features I'm discovering is staggering. Their logic layout, intuitive execution, makes this a very impressive leading edge smartphone.

As one with a voracious appetite for reading and learning to master all the various features of my tech gear, I find this Note 3 chock full off goodness.

Bigger screen on the next iPhone and look out Samsung you may have some stiff competition.
Lipstick on a pig.

Apple hasn't done anything innovative in years, and they know it, that's why they were left only to give away some of their $5 - $10 apps. Fingerprint sensors on the 5C? Laptops have had those for years.

If the N3 is not for you then why not consider another Android? IPhone is so small and so limited in any kind of customization. Steve Jobs, for all his brilliance in new ideas and marketing, always thought folks should use his products AS IS as his ideas were the best.

This is balls as any adopter of the Mac when it started out would be able to tell you.

Things just went terribly corporate and regimented with the iPhones is all.

iPhones are everything Apple always stood against.

Lipstick on a pig.

Apple hasn't done anything innovative in years, and they know it, that's why they were left only to give away some of their $5 - $10 apps. Fingerprint sensors on the 5C? Laptops have had those for years.

That was sarcasm btw...

Back