• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I go to iPhone

Other than the Note 3, I would highly recommend taking the LG G2 for a test drive. Incredible battery life, excellent screen and a good bit smaller form factor. However, you do lose the removable battery and SD slot.

Yes. This one ^^^^^ LG G2. If size bothered me I would have bought the LG. I thought the G2 did have SD slot, its on the side?

Yes. This one ^^^^^ LG G2. If size bothered me I would have bought the LG. I thought the G2 did have SD slot, its on the side?

No, the G2 does not have an SD slot. That is the sim card tray on the side of the phone.

Back to OP question, I agree with others that the G2 may be a good fit for you.
Great screen, camera, latest hardware, compact size and the dev support is really going crazy lately with putting out new roms.
S3 is a fantastic phone but just a bit to big for me and I really did't use the S-pen that much.

I had the iPhone 5 and upgraded to the Note 3 and couldn't be more happy.

My god its world's more advanced and powerful. Also all the girls in my daughter's 4th grade class have iPhone's which is another reason I switched. Only bosses and power users have Notes

danoffset, glad to hear you are sticking with the N3. Although I will never go back to a iphone because its just to locked down for me. I do see a market for the small phones like the iphone because a lot of people just are not going to use Android's full potential. I have friends who have iphones and they can barley operate that phone, I can't imagine them trying to use a fully customizable phone. I have tried to get some of them to get the S3 or S4 but for them to learn something like the S3 would just make them want to go back and buy a simple flip phone.

You made the right decision in my opinion because now you can explore a whole new world. Good luck and come back in a couple of months and let us know if you are still liking the phone and why.

Mike

My god its world's more advanced and powerful. Also all the girls in my daughter's 4th grade class have iPhone's which is another reason I switched. Only bosses and power users have Notes

You're humor is stellar, thanks for the laughs. :)

...while the peasantry and proletariat have knock-off Notes....welcome to China. :D

I have gone through a iPhone 3g, 4 , 4s and a 5. I got fed up with the iphone being so locked down. Don't get me wrong they are great at what they do, a simple interface that anyone can pick up and use. But i got a little fed up with Apple only releasing tiny updates for each phone, updates which for the most had been out on other phones for ages.

So i made the leap and got a S4.... wow what a change, the screen size was such a pleasant change and the removable battery and memory gave me options i could never have on the iPhone. I love the fact i can remove the memory and plug it into my laptop and move around what ever files i like and not be tied down with iTunes etc.

I now have a Note 3 as i found one second hand in a local shop for

I have gone through a iPhone 3g, 4 , 4s and a 5. I got fed up with the iphone being so locked down. Don't get me wrong they are great at what they do, a simple interface that anyone can pick up and use. But i got a little fed up with Apple only releasing tiny updates for each phone, updates which for the most had been out on other phones for ages.

So i made the leap and got a S4.... wow what a change, the screen size was such a pleasant change and the removable battery and memory gave me options i could never have on the iPhone. I love the fact i can remove the memory and plug it into my laptop and move around what ever files i like and not be tied down with iTunes etc.

I now have a Note 3 as i found one second hand in a local shop for

I had all the iPhones up until the iPhone 5 came out. Decided I wanted to try the Note 2 instead. Used the Note 2 for about a year. I thought I missed the iPhone ecosystem, so I went with the new 64gb gold iPhone 5s instead of the Note 3. I had the iPhone 5s for about a week before realizing my previous thoughts and beliefs about the iphone were not as valid as I had remembered/believed. I paid $430 after tax for it, and sold it for $850 after fees and shipping. Went out and paid for a new Note 3 the same day I decided to sell the iphone because I was so impatient. Mistakes like that will never work so well for me again. LOL

I love my Note 3. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone out there.

Well guys, thanks so much for all your response. It's certainly good to hear from previous iPhone users. I guess it's a no brainer really... Obviously I'd be a fool to jump ship. The note 3 stays... Atleast for another 2yrs anyway. Thanks again peeps ;-)

Androids for life, not just for upgrades

Back