• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I or actually Should I, before

bleedGreen

Android Enthusiast
I root, (to better understand this root thing) , would I download titanium backup, dx2 bootstrap recovery and what else is on the checklist?...... to root
before I z4 root. I think Perhaps I'm not getting that piece to the puzzle.
Basically what do I download or Need to download on my phone BEFORE I z4 root.
I think I have all the mental pieces put together to root. This will help out. And much other information yous want to give me to help a brother out.
THNX!

You don't need to download anything before you root.

Once you are rooted I'd strongly recommend installing TiBu and making a point of using it before doing anything potentially troublesome (such as installing a new ROM).

You don't need bootstrap unless/until you're planning to install ROMs, though it's a good "full backup" solution as well.

You don't need to download anything before you root.

Once you are rooted I'd strongly recommend installing TiBu and making a point of using it before doing anything potentially troublesome (such as installing a new ROM).

You don't need bootstrap unless/until you're planning to install ROMs, though it's a good "full backup" solution as well.

Would you happen to have a list of important things to install that i will need after rooting PLEASE.

Would you happen to have a list of important things to install that i will need after rooting PLEASE.

there really is nothing that you NEED after rooting...

- titanium backup is really awesome because it allows you to back up all your apps...

- Droid Overclock or QuickClock are nice because you can overclock/undervolt your CPU

- bootstrap is a must IF you want to install custom ROMS

Anyone else think it's odd that an X2 user is getting advice from X users?

For the record, there is no bootstrap available for the X2 yet and overclocking is not possible as we do not have the ability to change our kernel. Also, Z4 does not work with the X2; it's GingerBreak that offers 1-click root for the X2.

Pardon if I offend, but based on your "enthusiasm", I would suggest avoiding rooting as you sound like the type that will be back in a week because you're stuck in a boot loop. In the meantime, you might want to consider the source before accepting advice; at least as best you can on a public forum where anyone can be a pretender...

To avoid confusion ppl should post in appropriate areas. This is not the Droid X1 section of the forums.

Back
Top Bottom