• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you get texts

If the phone is off, it obviously won't display the text then. But there have been times when I've switched my phone off (or even airplane mode) for a few hours, and as soon as I turn it on, I get the text messages that were sent to me during the time when phone was off. It may be dependent on your carrier - whether they queue up the messages for later delivery.

Reactions: MotoTriumphant
Upvote 0
If the phone is off, it obviously won't display the text then. But there have been times when I've switched my phone off (or even airplane mode) for a few hours, and as soon as I turn it on, I get the text messages that were sent to me during the time when phone was off. It may be dependent on your carrier - whether they queue up the messages for later delivery.

Obviously I knew that I mean when my phone is powered down and someone texts me while my phone is powered down will I received the texts when I turn my phone back on

Upvote 0

Obviously I knew that I mean when my phone is powered down and someone texts me while my phone is powered down will I received the texts when I turn my phone back on

JJ14x answered your question, and then you asked it again :thinking:

The Nexus 5 works like any other smart phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones