• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you intend to reject the OTA?

Do You Intend to Reject the OTA?

• Total voters
I'll bet Verizon can detect which of us with 1.5 are happy. We won't get the OTA until last, when all of the whining, sociopaths are satisfied.

It's the sacrifice we make for having good phones.

Verizon Wireless will not rest until all customers are less than happy. All who are happy with 1.5 will get the OTA first; all peeing their pants in anticipation of 2.1 are scheduled for 13 days from now.

Reactions: ErisDroid?
Upvote 0
I'll be accepting it. This way if my phone ever has a problem, I can actually take it to a verizon store lol

Well, we did keep seeing postings in here mentioning "training on the OTA, so it must be coming soon." ;)

I'm sure they're chocked to the fingertips with 2.1 info, chomping at the bit to be informative, helpful and in fear of having to go back to flipping burger patties.

Upvote 0
Well, we did keep seeing postings in here mentioning "training on the OTA, so it must be coming soon." ;)

I'm sure they're chocked to the fingertips with 2.1 info, chomping at the bit to be informative, helpful and in fear of having to go back to flipping burger patties.

Hahaha "training" just like that rep who posted this morning saying the update might still come int he future lol

But on a serious note, I bet the verizon tech support will be a madhouse with all the people calling, "What happened to my contacts?! And my settings?!?"

Upvote 0
I've mentioned before a few times ;) that I am very happy with my 1.5 Eris.

Maybe I got the only fully functional, non-buggy one, I don't know. :cool:

I totally respect your choice. I am also happy with 1.5, nevertheless, I decided to upgrade when it comes. My main incenitve to do so is the navigator and some other goodies.

I just hope the pros I get will overweight the possible cons.

Peter

PS: Some of us are man enough to stand against the cattle mentality.
I repect that.

Upvote 0
I'll be holding off for a bit. At least long enough for one of the devs to see if the possible root exploit still exists in the OTA. If it's there, I'll update.

On the other hand, I'm also considering trading with my sister for her 1.5 phone so I can have my fun with root and ROMS. I just hope she lets me know when she gets the update so I can tell her to hold off until we trade.

Upvote 0
I totally respect your choice. I am also happy with 1.5, nevertheless, I decided to upgrade when it comes. My main incenitve to do so is the navigator and some other goodies.

I just hope the pros I get will overweight the possible cons.

Peter

PS: Some of us are man enough to stand against the cattle mentality.
I repect that.

I understand that too. I'm still running windows XP on my gaming pc, and I took off windows 7 and put XP on my laptop just because it works so damn well for me.

Upvote 0
I understand that too. I'm still running windows XP on my gaming pc, and I took off windows 7 and put XP on my laptop just because it works so damn well for me.

I am doing most of my development stuff on XP. 99% will run on W7 x64 Ultimate as a 32 bit app. There are still missing a lot of 64 bit dll-s and libraries to fully turn over to x64.

Some of the improvements are also not too much to my liking: for instance,
I hate the new Winword U.I. Why do they always have to make something new when the old one was fine? Rethorical question...
Peter

Upvote 0
From what I understand...there will not be a choice in the matter to accept or reject.
Who's gotten prompted to update ? I'm not paying that much attention but wasn't aware that it was actually being pushed yet. And if someone were prompted, did they accept it or put it off ? There WILL be a choice, I assure you. How long you can refuse it is unknown at this point.

Upvote 0
I am doing most of my development stuff on XP. 99% will run on W7 x64 Ultimate as a 32 bit app. There are still missing a lot of 64 bit dll-s and libraries to fully turn over to x64.

Some of the improvements are also not too much to my liking: for instance,
I hate the new Winword U.I. Why do they always have to make something new when the old one was fine? Rethorical question...
Peter

I don't use any 64 bit programs. Funny how 64bit was going to be the "next big thing" like 7 years ago lol. I enjoyed the look of vista, but it was just too buggy for an OS IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones