• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone have any idea how to root the LG Tribute 2 ?

PLEASE HELP! If anyone has any information on how to root a boost mobile LG Tribute 2 LG LS665 (LGLS665) with the Android (lollipop) 5.1.1 OS please help me out, It would be greatly appreciated!

I was able to root my tribute 2 using the method below. I was also able to unbrick my phone using this method too. (I used some one click root method on the internet and ended up bricking my phone, used the method below and it unbricked and rooted my phone.)

It says its for other phones but it has worked for me and others.
The method : http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-lgls770-5-1-1-t3184649

In theory, could you install the latest Xposed modules with that method too?
Use the xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip, push files, and run the flash-script... (need to modify file .zip name in script)
Anyone got the guts to try it?

Last edited:
I already did
NOICE...
Is this basically what you did? And it worked on LS665 5.1.1 ?

Push_File.exe \\.\COM# flash-script.sh /tmp/flash-script.sh
Push_File.exe \\.\COM# xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip /tmp/xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip
sh /tmp/flash-script.sh dummy 1 /tmp/xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip /tmp/busybox

Non root related however for a friend i need to edit a setting in data profile. ##3282# i have the msl however data profile auto selects view mode it doesnt allow edit

NOICE...
Is this basically what you did? And it worked on LS665 5.1.1 ?

Push_File.exe \\.\COM# flash-script.sh /tmp/flash-script.sh
Push_File.exe \\.\COM# xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip /tmp/xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip
sh /tmp/flash-script.sh dummy 1 /tmp/xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip /tmp/busybox
And remember the lg ls665 5.1.1 is a 32 bit not 64.

I was able to root my tribute 2 using the method below. I was also able to unbrick my phone using this method too. (I used some one click root method on the internet and ended up bricking my phone, used the method below and it unbricked and rooted my phone.)

It says its for other phones but it has worked for me and others.
The method : http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-lgls770-5-1-1-t3184649

I can confirm this method works on the Virgin Mobile variant! :)
hq5ozlz.jpg

I can confirm this method works on the Virgin Mobile variant! :)

hq5ozlz.jpg

Which LG drivers did you install from that link? Was it the LG USB Drivers Ver.4.0.4? I also have the Virgin Mobile version and this will be my first ever attempt at rooting a device. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom