• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Samsung's password manager actually work?

I ask because my S9 constantly asks me if I want to use Samsung Pass to save my logins to apps and Web sites. Every time I say yes, it requires me to access my mail and approve the new attempt to save a new password.

Thing is, after I've done that, nothing seems to have changed.

I feel like I'm missing something.

How to you use Samsung Pass, and has it actually improved your experience?

I feel like either it doesn't work, or I'm not getting some key part of why and how it works?

Reactions: The_Chief
Hi Bren,

Samsung Pass is good at saving credentials, but not creating them. I use it from time to time, to remember passwords for websites I frequent a lot. For ALL our sites and accounts, we use Dashlane as a password manager. It creates unique, impossibly complex passwords for each site (anyone who still uses something like "Fluffy123" for everything is ID theft waiting to happen) and stores them in a vault accessed by one master password you never want to lose.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones