• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does this phone require HTC brand usb cable? (answer: no)

Spykez

So far all I can seem to do with my Samsung cable is charge the phone. When I use it as usb storage I get nothing.

I'm trying to root the phone and it keeps saying driver failed, in ADB the phone doesn't show up either.

So far all I can seem to do with my Samsung cable is charge the phone. When I use it as usb storage I get nothing.

I'm trying to root the phone and it keeps saying driver failed, in ADB the phone doesn't show up either.

Any MicroUSB cable should work, I picked up a bunch off ebay for like $1 per cable. I do have one cable that will not work on either my EVO or my Wife's Evo Shift. Might want to try another cable if you have one.

As suggested try another cable first. also you may want to look into the device manager and make sure that the drivers are not corrupt. You can try to remove the device and then have windows rediscover it. It seems to me though if the cable you have is working to charge the phone then it should work to use as USB DRIVE. Your getting a driver message also points to a corrupt driver you may need to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them.

Back
Top Bottom