• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does your Dinc sometimes not turn on?

rbonafied

Aug 7, 2010
I've had the phone since June. Every once in a while when I turn off the phone, hitting the power button doesn't start it up again. I have to pull out the battery. By once in a while, I would say it's probably happened 5-7 times since June.

Sometimes it happens when connected to the charger and sometimes it doesn't. One time after shutting it off, I connected it to the charger and didn't see any charge led. I then hit the power button and nothing happened.

Any suggestions? Other than that the phone works fine so I'm not really pursuing a replacement. I'm more just curious why it happens.

Thanks,
R

This happens with my Incredible too. It does appear to happen mostly when it is on the charger. I do not turn it off to charge it...but it must turn itself off during the charge. I have had it happen several times during the day while off of the charge. I got the phone in July and this problem started about a month ago and it is happening several times a week now. I either have to unplug the charger and then replug it to get the power button to work or I have to pull the battery out and put it back in. It's really starting to aggravate me..Wonder what is causing this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones