• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Donations

jdegreif

Lurker
What would be an appropriate donation for roms or apps? I don't want to send an amount that would be an insult but also do not want to send too much due to a limited budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

What would be an appropriate donation for roms or apps? I don't want to send an amount that would be an insult but also do not want to send too much due to a limited budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

$0-10 depending on how much work was put into it.

If its something like mine, simple with just su added. Send $0.

Something with lots of work like cyanogen $10.

Well anything helps the devs. I don't think any of them would be insulted unless it was something ridiculous like 1 cent. I would say anything from like $1 up.

Not everyone gives donations. Some because they can't.... others just dont care to.
If you happen to be in a position to give a little more, i would say do so... maybe $20.
I think $5 is a fair amount that just about anyone can do, and should do if you're using they're work.

I was just wondering this. I don't wanna insult them, bc I appreciate what they do, but I also have 8 month old. Babies are expensive. :-)

Thanks for the replies.

I have another related question. Who should one donate to for a ported rom? The one doing the porting or the rom builder? Both?

Porting ROMs is not super hard or time consuming so I would say donate to both but if you are going to donate more to one then the other donate more to the actual cook.

Porting ROMs is not super hard or time consuming so I would say donate to both but if you are going to donate more to one then the other donate more to the actual cook.

Porting a rom can be very hard, and can be time consuming.

Porting a rom can be very hard, and can be time consuming.

agreed, u got to change lots of files just to make sure wifi bluetooth work, the touchscreen works, powerdown works, notifications work, accelometer work, ect ect....

Back
Top Bottom