• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
Not talking water, I mean any kind of moisture like sweaty pockets and greasy palms! Mine had a very amusing day where it froze, rebooted itself and forgot I paid for some apps, then rebooted itself again, and one of my widgets literally flew off screen like a deflating balloon! Humidity wreaks havoc with this phone.

Not talking water, I mean any kind of moisture like sweaty pockets and greasy palms! Mine had a very amusing day where it froze, rebooted itself and forgot I paid for some apps, then rebooted itself again, and one of my widgets literally flew off screen like a deflating balloon! Humidity wreaks havoc with this phone.

I live in florida. Where if u want ur daily allowance of water just go outside and breath.

No humidity issues
Now sweaty palms yes, but nothing dealing with apps not being paid, sounds like you have a bigger issue at had, or had.

Upvote 0
The apps gave red licensing errors then it self rebooted and then they worked fine. Apparently Google Play is experiencing issues as my Galaxy Tab 2 also experienced errors retrieving payment info and a reboot fixed that as well.

My Precedent starts doing goofy stuff though if the humidity is high enough. In fact, my Pontiac's PASS Key system acts up too if humid and hot enough

Upvote 0
The apps gave red licensing errors then it self rebooted and then they worked fine. Apparently Google Play is experiencing issues as my Galaxy Tab 2 also experienced errors retrieving payment info and a reboot fixed that as well.

My Precedent starts doing goofy stuff though if the humidity is high enough. In fact, my Pontiac's PASS Key system acts up too if humid and hot enough

Im glad u figured out ur app licensing issue.

You should look into kyocera water proof phones since u have humidity problems

As for ur car, try wating for a dry day and then sealing up the conputer box for ur remote inlock with that rubber in a spray can which is waterproof.

Makr sure u only use it on the outside of the box and shupd be good.

Can also try waterproof tape fron walmart, silver looking ib hardware dept. [Fixed a leake on my truck with it]

Upvote 0
Kyocera? Those phones have been gone long ago around here. Thought they went belly up? Last phone I had was an ancient Verizon Freeup model back in the late 1990s.

I kinda have a policy not to buy expensive smartphones since I need it for work which given the nature of the work has a bad habit of destroying phones so I avoid costly models. I don't have the benefit of phone insurance or subsidies since I lack enough credit and need to pay full price.

The Pontiac issue is an annoyance not an actual problem in my experience, just proving how humidity does effect stuff around here. We tend to have very wet steamy summers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones