• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade & Root For 10E Users

ModifHigher

ive seen a bunch of threads stating that 10E cannot be downgraded,Bootloader is locked Etc.
the Bootloader is in fact locked and AFAIK there is no way to root 10E

That being said,ive found a way for Tmobile users to downgrade from 10E to 10D,
which is still rootable.
I believe the process would be the same for MetroPCS users,the only thing that differs is the KDZ file you use.

For starters,lets get our drivers & files together on our PC.

LG Driver

LG Flash Tool 2014
Get your proper KDZ file here
at the link above for the kdz file you are looking for LGH345KT[For TMO users] & the build will be listed as such.(i.e. H34510D_00)
bear in mind we are looking for the 10D version.
as follows,clikc the download link on the far end.
CuxlTeH.jpg

once you have your KDZ file,and have installed your LG drivers,lets get to work with the LG Flash Tool
extract the LG Flash tool 2014 to a folder.,& plug you phone into the PC in download mode.
to put your phone in download mode,do as follows:

power down your device
pull the battery,then replace it.
hold JUST vol+(UP)
& plug in the USB cord,once the4 drivers install youll see download mode on your device.

should say "Firmware Update" or something along those lines.
if you cannot run LG flash tool because or an error,install this visual C++ runtime library

now run LG Flash Tool & select the following parameteres in the drop down menus.
Select Type-->3GQCT
Phone Mode--->Emergency
under "Select KDZ File"--->open and navigate to the 10D KDZ we downloaded earlier.

Click Normal Flash,then another window will popup,click "Start" in that window.
then in the next window,click "clear Phone software update registry"
DO NOT tick the "smart phone upgrade windows mobile check box.
under country,select "Different Country" & Language,"English".

then click "OK" to begin the flash.
the LG mobile support tool should popup.it may take a few seconds to start.dont unplug your device nor power it down.once it hits 100% it will Reboot and you now have 10D firmware. search XDA for kingroot and follow the TWRP steps to flash TWRP.

if anyone has any questions or concerns,feel free to ask or post here in the thread.thanks.
CuxlTeH.jpg
[/IMG]

This method works great, however LG one-click root caused a brick for me when I used it after flashing D. It worked fine on B. After I recovered from that, Kingroot worked fine for D. TWRP can be flashed after using the unlock option in developer settings.

This method works great, however LG one-click root caused a brick for me when I used it after flashing D. It worked fine on B. After I recovered from that, Kingroot worked fine for D. TWRP can be flashed after using the unlock option in developer settings.
The OEM unlock option isn't even supposed to unlock it. It's supposed to give you access to fastboot to run fastboot deviceid so you could get an unlock.bin emailed from lg and flash the bin over another partition. Its all on lgs website.

Until I checked the option I could not flash or access recovery. I kept getting the unlock error code (1003) until I flipped the switch, then flashed it no problem with TWRP manager.

Ah OK, well glad it all worked out for you. Normally firmware updates would wipe the entire device when done manually but it appears LG is better than that
I think that a downgrade flash (10E to 10D) would wipe,where as 10B to 10D is an upgrade and may not wipe anything.i think that nay be the case here.just a thought.

Has anyone used this link to successfully download the 34510B kdz for T-Mobile Leon? If so, can you please upload it for me? I need it desperately!

BOOT LOADER LOCKED AFTER DOWNGRADE:
I had an issue where, after I downgraded from e10 to d10, I couldn't access boot loader.
It would say something like "Secure Boot..blah.blah." and would just continue starting up the phone instead of entering TWRP recovery. I fixed it by opening up the developer options, and enabling OEM unlock. (I also enabled USB debugging, but I don't think that was the issue.)
This is just to help anyone who has the same issue as I did.

I can't seem to put the device in download mode? Could someone please explain it again to me? Thanks

First connect your phone to a pc via the usb cable. Next power the phone off while holding down the volume up key(keep pressing it even after the screen turns off). After the phone turns off, the LG logo should pop up again for a second before going into download mode.

First connect your phone to a pc via the usb cable. Next power the phone off while holding down the volume up key(keep pressing it even after the screen turns off). After the phone turns off, the LG logo should pop up again for a second before going into download mode.
Thanks, I tried it, but I just found out that there is no download mode for my device, the lg power, a variant of the leon :/ No known method works to put it into download mode, as affirmed by another guy i talked to. Specifically, your instructions work up to the point where the lg logo comes up, but then the phone pulls up the charging icon instead of download mode. is there a way to install from sd card?

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried it, but I just found out that there is no download mode for my device, the lg power, a variant of the leon :/ No known method works to put it into download mode, as affirmed by another guy i talked to. Specifically, your instructions work up to the point where the lg logo comes up, but then the phone pulls up the charging icon instead of download mode. is there a way to install from sd card?

Edit, nevermind. I forgot what thread this was for a moment. :p Anyway, I'm not sure if it's possible to flash the KDZ file from the sd card. Can some LG android veterans chime in about this?

Last edited:

I have actually had this problem with my metro Leon. I actually had to connect it to a PC for it to work. Which, unlike other models of lg I have had, is unusual (usually any power source would work.)
Alternatively, could you post partition names?
Code:
Ls /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ >/sdcard/partitions.txt

I have actually had this problem with my metro Leon. I actually had to connect it to a PC for it to work. Which, unlike other models of lg I have had, is unusual (usually any power source would work.)
Alternatively, could you post partition names?
Code:
Ls /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ >/sdcard/partitions.txt
My phone can also charge from the wall- I think the solution would be to somehow force the phone not to charge when connected to computer- but as I said, at this point a way to put the Lg Power into download mode is unknown. Currently the phone is not rooted (checked by root checker). How do I locate the partition names? I'm not too experienced with all this.
Thanks,
Wmcinnes

My phone can also charge from the wall- I think the solution would be to somehow force the phone not to charge when connected to computer- but as I said, at this point a way to put the Lg Power into download mode is unknown. Currently the phone is not rooted (checked by root checker). How do I locate the partition names? I'm not too experienced with all this.
Thanks,
Wmcinnes
Download terminal emulator from play store. Run the command I posted in my last post.
Find the file it creates in /sdcard/partitions.txt and upload it with your next reply.

LG mobile support tool said can't connect to server. the transfer goes on but reset download mode at 50%. creating an endless loop

Back
Top Bottom