• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade & Root For 10E Users

Hi guys I would like to root my LG Leon LTE MetroPCS phone using this method, but I have a few questions.

1. After I flash the phone with MS34510d_00.kdz and then root it, will I be able to upgrade the phone back to MS34510e_00.kdz via over the air or with the loader?

2. Also is all the info needed to keep my phone actived embedded in the phone's sim card or are there steps i will have to perform to get back on the MetroPCS Network?

Thanks for any help.

Hi guys I would like to root my LG Leon LTE MetroPCS phone using this method, but I have a few questions.

1. After I flash the phone with MS34510d_00.kdz and then root it, will I be able to upgrade the phone back to MS34510e_00.kdz via over the air or with the loader?

2. Also is all the info needed to keep my phone actived embedded in the phone's sim card or are there steps i will have to perform to get back on the MetroPCS Network?

Thanks for any help.
Nah just flash and go. Yeah you should be able to receive ota if you don't modify any part of the system.img or recovery.img. Generally the rule of thumb is to factory reset after installing kdz as it sometimes bootloops you, but if you boot up then no factory reset needed!

I bought my Leon via private sale, went from 10b to 10d via flash tool. I still have not seen any OTA updates on my device. If 10e is available then my device would pick it up still nothing. But, I don't want to got to (e) I like 10(d)!

Bichofelix i appreciate your help.

I took the plunge this morning and re-flashed with the MS34510d_00.kdz firmware. i never did a factory reset and it kept all messages, contact info etc.

I had to run kingroot several times to finally get full root access. rootchecker said i was rooted, but titanium backup had a red X next to root access. but somehow i finally got full root. i also installed supersu, but could never get supersu to update the binary.

I also tried several times to upgrade back to MS34510e_00.kdz firmware, but it kept getting stuck at 49%

But my LG Leon LTE MetroPCS phone is fully rooted and working great on MS34510d_00.kdz firmware

Thanks again.

Bichofelix i appreciate your help.

I took the plunge this morning and re-flashed with the MS34510d_00.kdz firmware. i never did a factory reset and it kept all messages, contact info etc.

I had to run kingroot several times to finally get full root access. rootchecker said i was rooted, but titanium backup had a red X next to root access. but somehow i finally got full root. i also installed supersu, but could never get supersu to update the binary.

I also tried several times to upgrade back to MS34510e_00.kdz firmware, but it kept getting stuck at 49%

But my LG Leon LTE MetroPCS phone is fully rooted and working great on MS34510d_00.kdz firmware

Thanks again.
yeah, I forgot you only need a factory reset if coming from cm, or a brick.

Back
Top Bottom