• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloading a deleted app

countrylad

Lurker
Sep 23, 2014
I downloaded an app from the play store and had it on my phone for a while but then I deleted it.
Now I want to use it again, so I went to the play store and pressed 'download' and the green download bar went to 100% but then it says invalid platform or something like that.

Why am I not able to use it again?

Try to go to settings/apps, and swipe over to "all" and see if you find it there. If it is there, remove it. If not, you may need to clear data for your play store app as @nyydynasty suggested.

Before you do that though, what app is it? And did you do some build.prop changes (or other workarounds) to get it to download? In other words, is the app compatible with your phone? or did you do workarounds to get it to download?

Edit: and if you go that app in your play store app, what does it show? Does it show install button? or uninstall/open?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones