• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help drodi x screen issue, multiple phones, same issue

I bought a droid x, and about 5 days after, i got a red dot, about the size of a pin head (i am assuming a pixel or something) that was REALLY bright, and stayed present no matter what wallpaper i had up, or anything like that. so i exchanged it, and the same thing happened, just in a different spot on the screen and the dot was green, this one lasted almost two weeks, SO i went back in and exchanged it, and again, same issue, different location and the dot was blue.

this dot was not right in the middle of the screen ever, but it was fairly close to it, and literally the size of a needle point, smaller than .7mm pencil lead, but it was REALLY bright and stood out over everything and i found it annoying and couldnt deal with it.

i gave up after that. got a different model, (incredible, but now have a droid 2 because i needed a longer battery life and was not about to spend the money on a larger battery that would make it so i couldnt use the cases i had already paid good money for)

Yes I have had the same issue I am on my 4th X and it is going back tomm. First phone would randomly lockup and I mean do nothing (nothing was installed on the phone at all right out of the box), Second phone would randomly have artifacts on the screen, third had a bad pixel, and now this new one you can barely press the 4 physical buttons. My fiance's phone also got a bad pixel. Her new phone seems to be doing ok.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones