• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DROID Bionic And Accessory Bundle Costco Discussion Thread (Including Q&A from YankeeDudeL)

Okay, first time poster here. I also got the charge on the last day of Verizon's unlimited plan on July 6th at Costco. I returned it on October 3rd. That's the 89th day. And they only had one Bionic left when I got there. I made sure I asked first if they had any Bionics left and I also did not show that the bag I was carrying contained a Charge I was about to return. That way they can't look in the computer and say, oops sorry, no more Bionics available.

When I told him that I had issues with the Charge and was returning it they were ready to start the paperwork. When I said I wanted to exchange for a Bionic, he said nope, can only exchange for same phone. I reminded him that I am a costco shopper, I knew their 90 day return policies, I pay my membership fees for that privilege, I knew WA had to abide by Costco policies and demanded to see a costco manager. He walked away to 'go get' a manager. Came back a few minutes later without a manager and said okay, they'll do the exchange for a Bionic.

And that was it. Now just waiting for the bonus accessory pack since I had to do a mail in request.

So there you go, it's against policy but if you complain enough they might do it. Now maybe people will stop asking and trust yankee for once. :rolleyes:

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Okay, first time poster here. I also got the charge on the last day of Verizon's unlimited plan on July 6th at Costco. I returned it on October 3rd. That's the 89th day. And they only had one Bionic left when I got there. I made sure I asked first if they had any Bionics left and I also did not show that the bag I was carrying contained a Charge I was about to return. That way they can't look in the computer and say, oops sorry, no more Bionics available.

When I told him that I had issues with the Charge and was returning it they were ready to start the paperwork. When I said I wanted to exchange for a Bionic, he said nope, can only exchange for same phone. I reminded him that I am a costco shopper, I knew their 90 day return policies, I pay my membership fees for that privilege, I knew WA had to abide by Costco policies and demanded to see a costco manager. He walked away to 'go get' a manager. Came back a few minutes later without a manager and said okay, they'll do the exchange for a Bionic.

And that was it. Now just waiting for the bonus accessory pack since I had to do a mail in request.

:(

So there you go, it's against policy but if you complain enough they might do it. Now maybe people will stop asking and trust yankee for once. :rolleyes:

I've probably typed out the return policy at least once on every page of this thread, and people still ask. I don't suspect it'll stop. lol

And I'll still type it out every time.;)

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Hey everyone just thought I'd pass around this lil tidbit, though it's not Bionic related. Seems we (Costco and Wireless Advocates) will be getting three new Verizon phones next month. One is def the Droid RAZR. The other two were described as the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Galaxy S II. While I have every confidence that this will be the case, I'm find it a lil suspect that it was referred to in this way, knowing that the Vigor has been named the Rezound and that VZW isn't getting the GS2, but the Galaxy Nexus. Also, the Rezound and Nexus will be Home Delivery phones only. The RAZR will be in store.

I know people have been wondering, so I figured I'd post it here. Also, there was no mention of any kind of bundle package similar to the Bionic's (as suspected). And since I KNOW it's going to be asked, if you purchased your Bionic (or any phone) at Costco and it's beyond 14 days, do not expect to come home will any of these three. Doing so will be subjected to public ridicule by fingers pointed and laughter directed in their general vicinity. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones