• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid getting really hot

Miront

My Droid was in its leather carrying case in my backpack for about an hour while I was at the gym. When I pulled it out it was hot. Not warm, but hot. I couldn't stand to hold it against my ear to make a call.

When I pulled up the battery usage it did not appear to be anything out of the ordinary. The keyboard was locked when I pulled it out of the case so that eliminates errant keypresses opening up a bunch of apps and making calls while it was in there.

Has anyone experienced their Droid getting hot?

My first droid got very hot when doing a lot of internet browsing... i exchanged it because of dust in the screen but my 2nd Droid doesnt get hot at all... makes me think something is wrong with the ones that get HOT. Also, the battery life on my 2nd Droid is much improved.

At my mom's house I get little to no signal at all. Battery drained 80% in few hours, and was "very warm" to touch. Phone was idle but searching for signal caused phone to "work".

You also may want to check if case/bag have any magnets, which would activate car/home dock mode.

does your leather pouch have a magnet? if so, it may be on the whole time. when you looked at the battery use, what was using most of your battery?

does your leather pouch have a magnet? if so, it may be on the whole time. when you looked at the battery use, what was using most of your battery?

My pouch does not have a magnet. I am using: This Case

Voice calls was 33% of my battery usage. Seems odd, but I took it off the charger about an hour and half prior to noticing the heat and was on a 10 minute call and missed 2 calls while it was in bag so it makes sense because I was doing nothing else.

My old WinMo phone would lose charge very fast and also get warm when I was staying at my rents place in the mountains while it was constantly searching for a signal. I eventually just started turning the cell signal off when I wasn't using it.

*I just keep waiting for someone to link this problem with the guy who wants to talk dirty and no one is biting! I DON'T want to be the one to do this!*

LOL!

*I just keep waiting for someone to link this problem with the guy who wants to talk dirty and no one is biting! I DON'T want to be the one to do this!*

LOL!

lol

I was doing this mentally too. It was like, wow, there sure are a lot of racy posts about the droid lately.
icon14.gif

My Droid has also been getting crazy warm the last day or two. I do keep it in a leather case with a magnet in it. And, sometimes when I pull it out of the case it isn't locked. Could that be the magnet unlocking it?

Yep, depending on where the magnet is, it can cause it to go into Car mode or Multimedia mode.

Back
Top Bottom