• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid regrets?

I have been through a lot of phones as well. I read to many blogs they drive me crazy. This time a want to stick with the Droid. It like I am addicted to the newest and best cell phones. Maybe I need help. :confused:

of course coming from the Omnia the unlock key is in the same spot. I don't have a problem with it. I'm right handed so everything I do with my phone is left handed and I haven't had any issues with the unlock key or the unlock slide on the phone.

After I learned that I barely had to touch the screen to get my onscreen keyboard to respond better it has not been as annoying. The omnia is resistive so I had to push the screen.

The predictive text is 100% better so I'm starting to be ok with the full qwerty keyboard. I would still like to find a phone pad keyboard though since I do text one handed a lot.

I like the physical keyboard a lot. I find myself using that more often than not of course when I type on it I slide my fingers across and press so it seems to be very easy to type on.

There are a few things I wish they would fix. Like the grouping in contacts. I like sending things out all at once. I have found apps to really take care of all the picture messaging I do so it's not going to be an issue. My omnia didn't have all that.

I don't like that when you click the to box it doesn't bring up your contacts and you have to start typing the name.

There are a couple of other things that I have to get used to because every phone is different and its just something you have to learn.

I was worried about not having the physical call and end keys but so far it hasn't been an issue. I've been pretty quick to pick up the fastest way to get to things on the phone. LIke adding shortcuts tot he people I call and message the most.

Back
Top Bottom