• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Stopped Vibrating

adamman41

Oct 21, 2009
My droid froze today and then when I received the first phone call, I had a weird vibration coming from it. And now it stopped vibrating all together... the haptic feedback from the soft key buttons no longer is there and I don't get vibration on phone calls or sms or anything at all. What could be the problem? I've tried restarting it a few times and taking out the battery.

Since vibration is achieved (usually) by a little motor turning a 'lopsided weight' (for lack of a better word), it could be that the motor is burned out. Might want to get it looked at, unless the warranty period is already over (if you bought it when it first came out, then yes, it is over, it is for 1 year unless you added any extended warranties).

The weird vibration that you described indicates to me that this is what happened - but you might try lightly hitting the phone just in case it is just seized up instead of totally burned out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones