• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DROID X2 Nandroid Backup Recovery Issue

GCracka

Lurker
Hi I'm fairly new to the concept of rooting and flashing roms...

I have a Droid X2 and i installed the 2.3.5 update when it came out unfortunately. So I used RSD Lite to downgrade to 2.3.4 then I used the Motorola Gingerbread 2.3.4 one click root. I've installed Rom Manager and CM7 System Recovery. After i click Install Recovery it is successful. However upon clicking recovery mode, the phone powers down and does not reboot to the bootstrap screen. I have tried doing the same process with the power plugged in and it takes me to the Red Moto Flashboot menu.

If anyone could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I'm fairly new to the concept of rooting and flashing roms...

I have a Droid X2 and i installed the 2.3.5 update when it came out unfortunately. So I used RSD Lite to downgrade to 2.3.4 then I used the Motorola Gingerbread 2.3.4 one click root. I've installed Rom Manager and CM7 System Recovery. After i click Install Recovery it is successful. However upon clicking recovery mode, the phone powers down and does not reboot to the bootstrap screen. I have tried doing the same process with the power plugged in and it takes me to the Red Moto Flashboot menu.

If anyone could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

You can't use the CM7 Bootstrap, because you aren't running CM7. Use the regular Bootstrap.apk.
And ROM Manager doesn't like the X2. Ditch it, and never use it. It's added by default in several custom ROMs, but we're always told not to use it. However, the ROM Toolbox is ok (but still can't use the ROM Manager in that, either.)

So, I think you can just install the regular Bootstrap recovery where you stand now, and I think it will install over the CM7 Bootstrap. If not, then just SBF back to 2.3.4, Root using Motorola One Click Root or Pete's Root, install the regular Bootstrap, and you should be good to go.

Can't just root 2.3.5 yet, so if you still want to update to 2.3.5, you have to use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to keep the root through the update. Just install it, tap Protect Root, tap Temp Un-root, update, then run Voodoo again and tap Restore Root.

Back