• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X2 won't update / and pixelation

I have been literally working on this all day and can't figure this out. I'm not sure on how to root the phone with the new version 2.3.5? I've tried to follow the instructions, but can quite follow them.

I would like to root because i've bought all the apps that "support" the makers and would like to use them. If there is any way you can "dumb down" how to root this version, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for being patient with a new person!

Good night.

download
DroidX2_Root_2012.exe
watch the video

turn phone on
phone- enable usb debugging (menu/system settings/apps/developer options)
connect phone to pc
phone- change usb mode to charge only or pc mode (pull down from top notification bar
pc- start program, (click on DroidX2_Root_2012.exe)
just follow on screen instructions

these are the details, but most is click enter on keyboard
a file is pushed to your phone with adb
phone will reboot to fastboot, all you will see on phone is moto boot logo dualcore screen
click enter on pc
two files will be flashed to phone
phone will reboot
when it has completed reboot
click enter on pc
phone will reboot again
when phone has completed reboot
click enter on pc
files will be pushed to phone with adb
phone will reboot

phone will reboot to android recovery
press both volume buttons when you see ! in a triangle with android andy
wipe cache using volume buttons to scroll, select with power button
when complete, select reboot with power button
Done.

Thanks again themib!

Even though I've updated my phone, my pixelation issues still exist. Phone freezes and arbitrarily shuts off. I'm assuming there is a hardware issue with my phone and not a software issue.

Are there any knows fixes for these issues?

Thank you!

awesome, thanks again! I will order this and report back once I fix it. You've been a huge help and I'm grateful for your knowledge!

Thanks

So, your saying to replace the LCD and not the digitizer, correct?

I received my lcd from repairs universe a few days ago and they sent me a really scratched lcd. I asked them why they sent me a used scratched lcd and they said all parts are new. They are definitely full of it as this one looked like it sat on someones desk for a while.

Not only that, they sent me the wrong lcd screen. I was chatting with their "chat" help desk and they sent me a link with the lcd I needed. So, i'm not so sure about them.

I've tried resolving this issue with them and they're not much help. I've spent the last couple days trying to get them to send me a new lcd and a return envelope so I don't have to pay shipping for their mistake.
So, i'm not using them to buy parts. If I don't get a finial answer from them I will pay for the shipping and send it back and get a part somewhere else.

Do you know where the best place to get parts are? Also, how do you know if the part if from the manufacture and not a fake from China?

Thanks

After all this time, I finally able to fix my droid! I had to order lcd screens from a few different people to get it right. The problems was, I thought there were only two versions of the Droid x2 lcd screen, A and B. Turns out that I have the "wide flex" version of A.

I almost threw in the towel and bought a new phone...but I was stubborn and stuck through it. I'm glad I did.

I would like to thank all of you for helping me! I really appreciate all your time and effort in helping others out! I also learned a lot!

Take care!

Back