• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate entries in calendar

automagrt

Jul 19, 2010
I had a hard drive failure and had to reformat my computer. My Captivate had been syncing with my Gmail calendar which also would sync with Outlook using Google Calendar Sync. Well, the first time I re-synced I got duplicate entries in both Outlook and Gmail, which also put duplicate entries on my Captivate. So I deleted the calendar in Gmail and reloaded my Calendar in Outlook and resynced. It worked or so I thought. I checked my Captivate and now I had triplicate entries for every appointment! I rechecked Gmail and still only had 1 entry for each appt. So for some reason it's not really syncing, it's just adding the appts to my Captivate. I can't find a way to delete all the appointments on my Captivate. It won't let me remove my Gmail account without resetting the phone to factory defaults. Please tell me there's a way to fix this without doing a factory reset.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones