• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Easiest way to switch phones...?

jes0212

May 21, 2010
Upstate NY
Currently I am using a blackberry tour and soon I will have the incredible. What is the easiest way to transfer contacts and whatever else possible to the incredible? Thought of desktop manager but that is only good when transferring to another blackberry. I know i could probably just bring it to Verizon but if i dont have to thats great too.
Thank you,
Jes

Export your contacts to a .csv file and import them to your contacts in google / gmail. I am assuming you are using Outlook here. Google calendar will sync through Outlook, but they have not updated it to include syncing Outlook contacts. Switching from BB like you are, this is something that will take some getting used to. I used Outlook for everything, and still do, except I now use Google / Gmail for contacts.

Upvote 0
Try this:

If i you only want to export your bb contacts to a CSV file and you have [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]desktop [COLOR=blue ! important]manager[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] try the following (open desktop manager and plug your bb to your pc)
1- Click intellisync.
2- Click Configure PIM.
3- Select Address book.
4- Click Choose.
5- From the available [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]applications[/COLOR][/COLOR] select: ASCII Importer / Exporter
6- In Operation: select export
7- in file name: create a destination fiename with a CSV extention.
8- Click Ok.(2)
9- on the intellisync window click synchronize now.

hope this will help

From here:

Converting Blackberry contacts into a CSV file? - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones