• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy Root, The Newest 1-Touch DROID Rooting App

i dont see why not....Droid life is a pretty legit site. i would trust it and do it if i wasn't waiting patiently for the official FROYO

Could any of the pro users here take a look and let us noobs know if this seems like the real deal? One touch rooting seems too easy to be true...

Just took a chance and did it...worked great! Wifi tether and everything work great. Have not flashed a rom yet.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There's one touch rooting for other phones, though I cannot remember which ones I've seen it for exactly. I figure I'll wait for the OTA since I've ben waiting thus far and it's mere hours away now.

I'm sure that if it works for 2.1, it'll work for 2.2 once a root is found.

Kratos

I just did it and it worked very easily....Havn't hooked it up to the PC yet, still at work, but not bad for a buck! I had an iphone before, and this was as easy as JB that.

I will be looking for more results here....

did you have to add your google account again?
did you loose everything on your phone (not sd card) ?
did you have to re-install all your apps again?

I will be looking for more results here....

did you have to add your google account again?
did you loose everything on your phone (not sd card) ?
did you have to re-install all your apps again?

No
NO
NO

Honestly...all things seem to be normal...I just did a backup of current data and all that jazz with the current rom. I then went back into that program, after it rebooted itself (normal), and looked under managed back-ups and I just seen the one I did for my retail 2.1....

I see.... i think.

you dl the app
click root me
it goes through the reboot/rooting process
you dl rom manager
you back up everything
then you select a rom of your choice........

Just took the plunge and bought it. It take 2 sec to root my phone and work pretty good so far. Now I need to figure out how to install a custom froyo next.

Just took the plunge and bought it. It take 2 sec to root my phone and work pretty good so far. Now I need to figure out how to install a custom froyo next.

get the free version of rom manager. Also the the paid one. You can then flash away. I just loaded jrummys Lithium and it is by far the best rom I have ran so far (been rooted since 2.0.1) you may also want to read up on how to use rom manager it takes some getting used to. But is real easy once you get a feel for it.

get the free version of rom manager. Also the the paid one. You can then flash away. I just loaded jrummys Lithium and it is by far the best rom I have ran so far (been rooted since 2.0.1) you may also want to read up on how to use rom manager it takes some getting used to. But is real easy once you get a feel for it.

Why would someone need both? Or was this a typo.

I am really on the fence on this right now.

Why would someone need both? Or was this a typo.

I am really on the fence on this right now.

The paid app requires that the free version be installed first. As to why I Dunno :rolleyes: lol .... just the way it is.

oops the "the the" was a typo should have been "get the" ... lol

Back
Top Bottom