• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

easy way to debrand and update?

hi there

i have a desire from vf uk. it was one of the first ones with no real branding but does not qualify for the 2.2 update. luckily i havent updated to the new vf firmware.
my question is, is there an easy way to unlock my handset so i can use htcs own 2.2 update?
i no there are plenty of threads on this topic but they always assume people understand all the terms and it becomes confusing! i dont no my hboot from my bootloader or goldcard?????
it would be great if anyone could point me towards a guide written in plain easy to follow and explaind steps, im no novice to mobile tech but a programmer im not! i cant be the only one.
so is there a way to make the phone update ota to htcs own 2.2 froyo??
any help would be very much appreciated

cheers

hi there

i have a desire from vf uk. it was one of the first ones with no real branding but does not qualify for the 2.2 update. luckily i havent updated to the new vf firmware.
my question is, is there an easy way to unlock my handset so i can use htcs own 2.2 update?
i no there are plenty of threads on this topic but they always assume people understand all the terms and it becomes confusing! i dont no my hboot from my bootloader or goldcard?????
it would be great if anyone could point me towards a guide written in plain easy to follow and explaind steps, im no novice to mobile tech but a programmer im not! i cant be the only one.
so is there a way to make the phone update ota to htcs own 2.2 froyo??
any help would be very much appreciated

cheers

x 2!!!

I'm in the same boat and would love a noob's guide to a lot of stuff here!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones