• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Either it's a paradox or i'm f****d

Curster

I wanted to begin learning about how to theme. I just got my new refurbished phone last week and made sure ** to make a backup of the stock rom **.

I installed CWM Touch which is the only thing different I have done to my phone since I have owned it.

When I did a restore with my stock Backup all went well "Backup Complete".

When I rebooted time and space halted and after the LG Logo there was nothing but a blackness on my screen lit up by a small light behind it from some far off quadrant of a distanat galaxy.

I can't manually get back to recovery even though I have successfully done the up/down pwr recovery method a thousand times. Instead of the factory reset option to put it into recovery I get another black screen that has no glimmer of light behind it.

I am lost, floating in a world where no Android can reach and I'm seeking out all intelligent life forms to root me back on earth.

Please, Please here my desperate cries for help and give my poor phone life once more.

Although none of the gods here heard my plea... an uber intelligent force from beyond my scope of reasoning peaked down on me from the heavens and whispered to me...

"Try every variation of manual recovery known to man."

And I did... I had to hold down the pwr and up/dwn buttons together until the LG logo came on and then hit the pwr button 6 times letting off the up/dwn button once reholding them for a second until finally the reset option came up.

The Android gods are aware of the minions of smartphone lovers and they have smiled on me this day!!!!

Back on with my Number Two Rom...... Screw learning about theming on my phone.

Yeah for sure thanks for advice but I swear it wouldn't boot into recovery the regular way. I literally had to bamboozle this phone to get recovery to stick. It would show the reset screen for a second then disappear. But finally it choose to grant me access by order of the Q.... Lol (Star Trek fan sorry)

I guess it's true not all phones are the same. And maybe upgrading to CWM Touch changed something. Oh well it works now I'll take a different approach to learning how to theme.

Back
Top Bottom