• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email app?

thaKing

Android Enthusiast
Got a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and looking for an email app. It installed Outlook because it's on my phone (I'm guessing), but I have this on my phone for work. And I don't want to mix the two. I'm looking for an app I can use for personal email on the watch. Suggestions?

I have my watch set to notify me of emails only. Can't imagine what it would be like to do emails on such a small screen.

Have you looked in the Galaxy store?

I have my watch set to notify me of emails only. Can't imagine what it would be like to do emails on such a small screen.

Have you looked in the Galaxy store?
No, that's fine, but don't I need a client on the watch in order to get notifications? I've looked in the store and found Outlook (see my concern above) and another that didn't have great reviews.

In the watch settings, you can choose what notifications you want on your watch. I turn emails on and off from time to time cuz I'm starting to get spam mail more and more.

I had email notifications set on my first watch for a while. I'm like ocnbrze and turned it off for it annoyed me. I left it off when I changed watches. I've never looked for an email app to install on my watch.

Again, I was only looking for an app in order to get notifications. On the watch I go to Settings > Notifications > Show phone notifications on watch....the option selected is "show alerts when phone not in use" and I'm not getting email notifications. I get text notifications, however. The other option in these settings is "show alerts even when phone is in use". Should I select this option?

Is someone else using the phone? I have it set to "while wearing" and when my phone is on my pocket I do get notifications. Is your Gear Wearable app up to date? If it isn't, it has trouble communicating until it's updated. I just had to update my app.

No need to install an email app on the watch in order to get notifications. You should be able to configure the Galaxy Wearable app to push notifications from any app installed on your phone to the watch.

In the Galaxy Wearable app, go to Watch settings > Notifications > More and change the toggle at the top of the screen from Most recent to All. That will display all the apps on your phone. Scroll through the list, find your email app(s) and tap to enable them (which will move the slider to the right).

You should then get email notifications on your watch. (I use this to get notifications from Gmail and ProtonMail on my GW4.)

Last edited:
@ocnbrze 100% updated, needed to do that to connect LTE. I have no "while wearing" options in settings.

@codesplice I do not have "more" under notifications. This is galaxy watch 4 classic, completely updated. I can list the options under notifications if you'd like, but there is no "more".

Wait, are you both talking about the Wear app on my phone and not settings on the watch? Because I just decided to open Wear and found the "more" @codesplice was referring to, added options for my email, sent a test email and got a notification on my watch.

Back
Top Bottom