• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email will no longer sync.

ksanger

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
This past month my email account will no longer sync to my tablet. I've entered credentials and password again but the device fails to connect. I have ASUS TF700T, Android 4.2.1. Using Roadrunner email. Has sw changed so that it no longer works with roadrunner? My laptop and desktop are still working fine.

I'm using POP3 with the generic mail app that came from ASUS. There are no pending updates for the mail app. Android is 4.2.1 which is the last update from ASUS. Today some of the mail was readable, while others gave me a connection problem. I'm thinking maybe if I delete the email from a different device it is no longer readable on the Android tablet and I get this connection error message. (Today all messages with connection problems were previously deleted using my Laptop).

On my Dell PC with Win8 and Thunderbird Mail I'm using IMAP with delete moves the email to trash at myname@Rochester.rr.com.

I might have been seeing a similar issue on my desktop running Ubuntu 12.04 with Thunderbird Mail and sometimes when I select an email message I see a blank message. (Testing today did not reproduce this issue on the desktop).

Upvote 0
Don't setup the same account as POP3 on one device and IMAP on another. Not good. Sorry, but I don't understand why you did that.

Setup the account on the Asus as IMAP and things should straighten out. It will work just like on your desktops if you configure it the same.

As for the blank emails in Ubuntu/Thunderbird, I don't see how that could be related to your other problem. Sounds like a problem with the Ubuntu/Thunderbird package, but I can't say exactly what. I've run Thunderbird on Linux for many years with no problems whatsoever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones