• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Entering text in some web forms PAINFULLY slow!!

ODog2323

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
NJ, USA
Has anyone else seen this? Inputting things into short fields, like phone numbers, usernames, and emails is fine, but entering text into larger fields is extremely laggy. I wanted to do this post from my phone a little while ago, but it was like the keyboard was under water as I typed at normal speed...like it couldn't keep up with me at all. I could actually stop typing and watch one letter pop up every second until it had cought up with the typing I had just done.

Tapping out SMS's or emails is fine, it just seems to be the large text fields (like the one I'm using right now on my PC) that give the phone trouble...

I'm on an EVO with stock 2.2 and multi-touch keyboard (Droid X).

Anyone else having this issue or offer any thought??

I had the same issue with the stock froyo keyboard. I thought it was a problem with the keyboard, but perhaps it's an issue with any keyboard hacked to work on the Evo.

Incidentally, the Dolphin HD 3.0 update has pretty much resolved this issue for me. I had one instance of slowdown so far, and it only lasted for one word.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones