• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error 505

amarie82

Android Expert
Anyone else getting this error after the lollipop update? Error 505 Unknown error occurred after app install and it won't install! I sent info to app devs!

I got that error with one app - and sent info to dev. I bet the app is just not compatible with 5.0

Attachments

• 1416317436986.jpg
    1416317436986.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 92
Weird bug. On my phone, I don't have multi-users, so can't explain this bug.

Edit: Looks like the app developer (for my problem app) posted "Android 5.0 (Lollipop) compatibility coming soon" - guess I just need to wait :)

I figured it was somewhere around not compatible or of such. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

That's what I figured too! The devs finally emailed me and are looking into the issue! Thanks for the help someone else may see it and it may fix it! Any help is always appreciated!

Sounds a bit technical.How do I do that

You can contact them through the play store.
Open the app in the play store, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the apps page and there is a section about the developer. From there you can select to email the Dev. Most of the devs are pretty good about responding back to your email's and questions.

Thx for your reply/explanation

I just tried that but all it did was send me to some pay pal page,lol.I guess they really do have issues.

I fixed my error by just resetting my phone! I'm able to download and play the apps I couldn't before! Now if I can get my WiFi to turn on I'd be in business!

That's cool.... Ive tried this solution. But I've had no No WiFi ussues here at at all. Although I have been getting the 505 error when trying to install android terminal emulator or FC's on Rom Tool Box's Terminal emulator app. Apparently they are just not updated and ready for android 5.0 just yet.

RomTool boxes Terminal emulator has been updated to 5.0 and is working just fine. Even have SU commands, I'm no longer receiving FC's when trying to run Terminal emulator thought ROM Tool Box.

Although Android Terminal Emulator is still giving me an 505 error when trying to install... Will have to wait for an update on that appntonwork on 5.0.

Back
Top Bottom