• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error Code 1233

I have Stock HTC One M8 on Sprint. Tried to manually update PRL list and received "Error Code 1233". What is that - nothing has changed since last PRL update weeks ago. How to proceed?
It's a network not available error.

Were you roaming when this happened?

Try updating again via wifi.

If that fails, try a power reset - hold volume up and power until it shuts down. Power up, retry.

If none of that works and you're *sure* that mobile data is working (turn off wifi and search for something not in your Internet cache - purple monkeys, I don't know) then the next thing to try is to reprovision (no data will be lost).

##72786#

Menu, Reset.

Wait several minutes after reboot for it to do its thing.

Update profile after PRL.

Reactions: smitty543
Upvote 0
I am in my home and in the same room as WiFi router (strong signal). I had planned to do a power reset and if that didn't work the "##72786#" action this morning. First however, I tried a manual 'Update PRL' from settings - it updated the PRL!!

Wonder if where I am (Southern New Jersey) experienced Sprint Service Outage last evening similar to that reported in other parts of the US??

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones