• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error installing updates for apps

jmhemiram

Hello. I've noticed here in the last week or so when I have updates available, some not all will not update because of an installation error. Apps include kindle, kid mode by zoodles.(obviously for my kid). Seems to be just the apps that are on my SD card. It says update of "kindle" unsuccessful. When I open the notification it then says, installation error couldn't install on usb storage or SD card. I have 517mb left on my internal memory, 316mb on my SD card, and 105mb on my RAM. This should be plenty of space to install an update. I've seen my memory lower and had no issues. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, you have to move the app from the SD card to the phone in order to update it. Then once it is updated you can then proceed to move it back to the SD card.

Ok. As far as new SD cards... Verizon sells a 16gb sandisk for $70. And a 16gb duracell for $50. Why the difference? Does it matter what brand I use?

Back
Top Bottom