• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error message shows up when connecting to the internet (white screen issues also)

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Okay guys so my best friend who also has the evo 4g LTE as of last night has been having trouble with the stock internet app. She constantly gets an error message which prompts her to send an error report to HTC and she has every time it happens. I am unaware of this issue and if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? Her screen goes instantly white then a short few seconds the error message pops up??also sometimes the phone freezes at this white screen and the error message won't pop up? And her phone becomes unresponsive and she hasto dim the screen completely just to re gain access to her device.

My evo LTE has yet to have this issue thankfully. First off this issue occurs on 3g, WiFi, etc...she's non root. Stock internet app non 3rd party!! The error message all of a sudden won't show up :( so now I can't post the message! But I swear it shows an error message and asks to send HTC an error report and its NOT the data call failure error message!! If anyone has any idea please help thanks guys!!

In Menu/Settings/About, I think, is a heading, Tell Htc. Go in there and unclick it. It isn't on this rom anymore, but I think that is where it was.

Regarding the app itself, I would try going to Menu/Setting/Apps/all and scroll down to Internet and do the Force stop and Clear Data and see if that does any good.

If it doesn't, and no one else has any ideas, I would just call Sprint and tell them about it and see if they can do anything for her.

Does it do it on Third Party internet apps? There are a bunch of those to try Like Dolphin mini or hd, Chrome, etc. It would be interesting to see if they act the same way.

Please let us know what all you find out and good luck!

Yeah its really weird because she's 100% stock including the internet app. And sometimes the error message doesn't show up and when it doesn't her phone becomes completely unresponsive and she hasto dim the screen just to re gain access to her device :( but il have her try that and report back with results thanks!!

the white screen sounds like low ram memory/ICS having to aggressively manage apps to supply enough resources to the app in question.

I would look at your friends memory usage and remaining memory left. I would go into the storage tab and free up used memory and move anything as possible in phone storage, clear out temp files, etc. just because there are no 3rd party apps involved and the unit is not rooted, does not mean its immune to low memory usage.

so smoke those settings over and report back to the class... :car:

Okay I went to settings/manage apps/all apps/ and youl never believe this but it is showing no apps!!!!! And even after I restarted the device its showing that? And her apps all but the internet app and google search work fine.. il check the memory now. Just a second thanks again guys I appreciate it !!

mine does the same exact thing. goes white. only once has it asked me to send to htc. none of the keys work nothing. after a while of hitting the home button it will go back to the home screen. has not done it in a few days so have no idea. i would reboot the phone and it would stop then a few days later do it again.

mine does the same exact thing. goes white. only once has it asked me to send to htc. none of the keys work nothing. after a while of hitting the home button it will go back to the home screen. has not done it in a few days so have no idea. i would reboot the phone and it would stop then a few days later do it again.

That's exactly what mine does.

Back
Top Bottom