• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm using 3024 and today I noticed the legendary 3G icon on my phone so I can confirm 3G is in the Ft Myers area. Here's a picture of it while I was using Waze:
XlrWc.png

I'm guessing the 3G is perhaps only around the Southwest International Airport.

Upvote 0
69 kb/sec? Well I can tell you thats faster then most of my results with the 3g icon active. I'm from the Detroit area and get crappy test results. The ping teat goes real quick, but the download seems to not start until 80% done. So I get speeds anywhere from 3 kbps to 40 kbps to 100+ kbps. One or 2 tests went as high as 240ish and one 330ish or something. But even though speed tests don't seem accurate, browsing and market are slightly faster. Makes me.wonder if its metro, the phone, or the app...

Upvote 0
[...]
The ping teat goes real quick, but the download seems to not start until 80% done.
[...]
Makes me.wonder if its metro, the phone, or the app...

Same here =/ but a ping isn't that much of a test :p

As for who/what it is... I'm pretty sure metro caps your DL speeds after you download 'X' Gigabytes(or maybe even MB...) of data, and it's really slow. I often find that at the beginning of the month, things work really well for me, but halfway through the month(or even less sometimes) things start to slow down a lot. The only thing that isn't slow for me is my AndroIrc App, haha.

Upvote 0
I am on PRT3026 in the Pompano Beach/Fort Lauderdale area and much to my surprise I began seeing the 3g icon in the phone. OK, I just about busted one especially after running speed test which showed:
Ping D/L Up/L
65ms 11339Kbps 4240 Kbps

Now, after my initial praises for the lord and all those who believe in a higher power I realized this wonderful series of numbers were just an evil trick of the devil.
I realized SpeedTest was run through the nearest WiFi spot which is my additional Wifi network broadcast from my router.

So, I disconnect said router and alas did get another series of not too ground shaking numbers that are definitely capped as as most of Broward county and environs are.
Ping D/L U/L
~69 ~200 ~184 as far as I can remember

Too bad, I am still sad ahhhhhhhhhh.............

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones