• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 4G LTE Goes to Sleep Mode, Can't Restart

I've had my Evo 4G LTE for over a year now and have always loved it. Just in the past couple of months, it's started going into sleep mode and I can't wake it up again. I've been into the Sprint store three times in the past month. They tried a factory reset and even gave me a certified phone (which is all new parts, except for the computer). Still goes into coma mode. Only way I can wake it up is to connect it to a power source and hold the start button down until it does a reset. Giant PITA! They think it's a software update gone wrong and don't know when it will be fixed. Anyone else experiencing this problem???

I have actually had this problem a few times also...I have no idea what it could be. Never seem to be doing the same thing on the phone to cause it. PITA is an understatement!!

I now have this problem lately.

I put it to sleep, click power button to wake it up...nothing.

Only way I figured out to get back on is holding power button, then wait for buttons to blink 15 times. Reset.

O snap, my bad. :(

If it's doing that on it's own you've probably got a hardware failure.

You could try a factory reset first to check it isn't something else. I'd back everything up that you can and try it.

Back
Top Bottom