• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO and Big Red Secret Details..

Ok,
I just heard that VZW will be carring a Big Red version of the EVO that is currently in test and underwraps until release in mid June?

Has anybody else heard the same?

Agreed. Incredible is too much like the EVO for Verizon to come out with something similar and have 2 phones compete against each other. Sales for the Incredible, as Covert said, will basically stop and therefore defeating the purpose.

I also believe HTC is going to be busy cranking out Incredibles,Droids,HD2 and EVOs and everything else.

Going to be hard to produce another monster right now..

And the EVO is an exclusive phone to Sprint so for any Verizon fanbois, the Incredible is as close as you're gonna get.

And the EVO is an exclusive phone to Sprint so for any Verizon fanbois, the Incredible is as close as you're gonna get.

Verizon probably thought they were building the Evo until the Evo dropped..

Probably was one of those WTF? moments... lol

With sprint hemorrhaging subs I doubt verizon gives a shit what sprint is doing

I certainly hope the EVO is the "shot in the arm" Sprint needs. We don't need to loose carriers. That's the compitition that helps keep downward pressure on plan prices.

Question for midnightcobra, where did you get the info about Verizon getting another "Evo like" phone?

I doubt the Evo comes for Verizon. It's too much like the Incredible and for the Verizon folks who want a bigger screen the has a 4+ inch screen coming out in late June / early July for Verizon.

I certainly hope the EVO is the "shot in the arm" Sprint needs. We don't need to loose carriers. That's the compitition that helps keep downward pressure on plan prices.

Question for midnightcobra, where did you get the info about Verizon getting another "Evo like" phone?

I sell cell phones for a company... and a customer came in and stated that she has received promo material for an exclusive phone that is coming out in mid-late june that is basicialy the EVO but of course it goes by another name.... 4.3''screen, hdmi output, front facing cam. I did some google searches because I was skeptical and have found some info of an LTE Version of the EVO for VZW.... I still have yet to see this "promo" material yet?....

But I wouldnt pass it by VZW to come out with the Incredible (which i have ordered) only to push out a new "exclusive" device after the majority of Incredible 30day return timeframe has passed....

P.S.
LTE is gonna be HOTTT, whenever VZW actually makes it live!

why woyld verizon launch a new phone about a month or two after the incredible and LTE hasnt even launched yet its in testing phases

It's possible the phone being mentioned here is the rumored Motorola Shadow, which likely won't be coming out for several more months.

With sprint hemorrhaging subs I doubt verizon gives a shit what sprint is doing

Haven't you read the news? Sprint isn't hemorrhaging anything..

They are #1 when it comes to prepaid sales (which is where the industry seems to be headed anyways) and they slowed postpaid losses considerably. The eVo should put them back in the black zone for post paid subs.

Back
Top Bottom