• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo Connecting To Mac's

neocipriano

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
I have a Mac Book Pro (Dual Intel) and I have tired all the sync options. Regardless of what I choose I can't consistently keep it connected.
I have even used the debugging feature on the phone and this seamed to work, but it seams the problem has come back where it intermittently disconnects.

Does anyone else have a Mac & the Evo? If so what's your experience with it connecting?

T.I.A.

It's rock solid.

Do you have by any chance any task killer or soft reboot app that's killing off the PC Synchronization process?

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Running (tab), look to ensure it's in that list.

If it's not that, you might try a different usb cable - and report back on well the cable seems to be mating to the socket. Some users report units have had a quality control issue with those not being 100% right.

But Evo <-> Mac? Rock solid.

Upvote 0
It's rock solid.

Do you have by any chance any task killer or soft reboot app that's killing off the PC Synchronization process?

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Running (tab), look to ensure it's in that list.

If it's not that, you might try a different usb cable - and report back on well the cable seems to be mating to the socket. Some users report units have had a quality control issue with those not being 100% right.

But Evo <-> Mac? Rock solid.

Evo to Macbook Pro, solid too

Upvote 0
Correct me if I am wrong but HTC Sync is a PC only application. I can connect by EVO as a disk drive but I have to use Missing Sync to sync my calendars and other items. Trying to connect to HTC Sync will create the error the OP stated.

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Synchronization

s3r

You are correct. But there are other ways to sync the evo with a mac other than HTC Sync.

I use double twist to sync all of my itunes music/media and gmail to sync all of my contacts. iphoto also syncs well with it.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I am wrong but HTC Sync is a PC only application. I can connect by EVO as a disk drive but I have to use Missing Sync to sync my calendars and other items. Trying to connect to HTC Sync will create the error the OP stated.

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Synchronization

s3r

Nooo. Yes to what you're saying, but to what I'd said - noooo.

The PC Synchronization process - on the _phone_ - is basically a usb probe tied to the mount daemon (or Android's equivalent).

It's name has you confused with HTC Sync.

The two are not the same and I was referring only to the former.

Without PC Synchronization running reliably, the SD card will not appear as a mountable usb drive to _any_ operating system.

I've provided this warning as my first response to the question because I've learned that people are killing that process, either confusing it with a PC or with HTC Sync.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
CONNECTING EVO to MACBOOK AIR. Hi, for the longest time I was unable to see the icon for the HTC Evo on my Macbook air to download pictures. I finally went to someone at MICROCENTER, and they told me to go to Finder>Preferences, and click on what I want displayed on my desktop. External drives, external disks etc are listed. CHeck on the one that would fit ( since you are going through the USB you click external drive and you got it!!! I have been trying for DAYS!! THe answer is in the finder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones