• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync with 'push' in endless loop

Otti

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Hi,

my Desire with Android 2.2 (Software No. 2.29.405.5) does strange things when changing the sync from intervall to push.

1. The sync symbol in the top bar is always blinking (apears and disapears once in a second). And ist seems like there is a real sync in every second that emties my battery within some hours.
  2. When new mails arrive the 'notice sound' does not stop ringing until I open the mail client.
My phone is connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2, other users with iPhone or Nokia do not have this problem.

Can anyone confirme this behavior or is there a solution for this problem?

When changing to i.e. a 5 minute intervall, the notice sound is played every 5 minutes when a new email arrived. I can not remember that this was happening before but I had switched off the notice sound for a long time (Android 2.1) so I am not sure about it.

Thanks
Otti

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones