• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Exchange Policy Setting Incompatible!

All ... a first time rooter as of this morning and everything is working great (HTCdev Method).

As per other forums .... I am having an issue getting my device linked with my work server - I am getting the following message:

"Security Policy Required"
Policy Setting Incompatible: Require Device Encyrtion

Please contact you IT Team yadda yadda yadda...

I am currently using the following custom rom: MikG v.311 [3/9/2012].
Andoird Version - 2.3.5
HTC Sense Version - 2.1
Software Number - 4.67.651.3
Kernel Version:2.6.35.10-g48446

I'm gonna take a stab and say I need a newer HTC Sense Version??

PLEASE HELP!

... and much appreciated ...

CJ

All ... a first time rooter as of this morning and everything is working great (HTCdev Method).

As per other forums .... I am having an issue getting my device linked with my work server - I am getting the following message:

"Security Policy Required"
Policy Setting Incompatible: Require Device Encyrtion

Please contact you IT Team yadda yadda yadda...

I am currently using the following custom rom: MikG v.311 [3/9/2012].
Andoird Version - 2.3.5
HTC Sense Version - 2.1
Software Number - 4.67.651.3
Kernel Version:2.6.35.10-g48446

I'm gonna take a stab and say I need a newer HTC Sense Version??

PLEASE HELP!

... and much appreciated ...

CJ
I have my EVO synched to my work Exchange server with no problem on MikG. Are you sure you're allowed to use an Android device with your Exchange server? Or maybe you need a different server address to connect to?

Yup ... I am positive as I was using e-mailing this morning before root :D

My connection security policy requires:

Erase all Data: perform a factory reset, which deletes all of your data without any confirmation

Set Password Rules: Restrict the types of passwords that you are allowed to use.

Monitor Screen-Unlock Attempts: Monitor failed attempts to log into your device

Lock the Screen: control when your device locks, requiring that you re-enter your password.

Could my policy also my permission to erase my SD card as well??

I wouldn't use that one - I'd use MikRunny - it's a newer version of that ROM. I'm running that in one of my Boot Manager slots with Beats Audio enabled and the AnthraX kernel. Definitely the best sound quality on a ROM for the EVO.

But I digress, as this thread is about Exchange Security policies :rolleyes:.

P.S. If you have any issues with MikRunny, let me know, as I've fixed pretty much everything that was wrong/missing from it that is actually fixable.

So I did some searching ... it appears that phones switching from Sense 2.0 to a Sense 2.1-3.0 immediately encountered similar issues

(http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-s/440528-push-email-broken-since-2-3-5-sense-3-0-update-2.html)

To use different Exchange policies, I downloaded a 3rd party tool - RemoSync Business Email. I was able to sync with my work server proving two things: 1) I have privilege to access company webmail from a droid device and 2) proves sense 2.1-3.0 exchange policies are fubar'ed.

Going to do a SUPERWIPE and flash new rom now....keep you posted.

So I did some searching ... it appears that phones switching from Sense 2.0 to a Sense 2.1-3.0 immediately encountered similar issues

(http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-s/440528-push-email-broken-since-2-3-5-sense-3-0-update-2.html)

To use different Exchange policies, I downloaded a 3rd party tool - RemoSync Business Email. I was able to sync with my work server proving two things: 1) I have privilege to access company webmail from a droid device and 2) proves sense 2.1-3.0 exchange policies are fubar'ed.

Going to do a SUPERWIPE and flash new rom now....keep you posted.

Worked like a charm!

It looks like Sense 3.0 doesn't have an SD encryption policy which my company needed!

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom