• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root External antenna in the back ? Where can I get one..

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
I remember someone saying the port in the back below the battery cover let's you hook up an external antenna.. what kind..? And where can I get one? :D

i bet you anything if you found one it wouldnt do a darn thing when you plug it in.

probably for development, testing, or debugging. not intended for consumer use. I bet the final shipped software cant even access or recognize that port.

Also there isn't just that one... There are 2 that are visible without taken it apart (one under that circle thing and another to the left of that and a little up. And there is one that is visible only after taking it totally apart near the camera. My best guess is that they are diagnostic ports. Possibly they may be for external antennas, but why would you need 3?

Also there isn't just that one... There are 2 that are visible without taken it apart (one under that circle thing and another to the left of that and a little up. And there is one that is visible only after taking it totally apart near the camera. My best guess is that they are diagnostic ports. Possibly they may be for external antennas, but why would you need 3?

the different radios use different antennas. visible when phone is apart.

i think 3G, wifi, and bluetooth antennas are those 3 ports. definately diagnostic.

the different radios use different antennas. visible when phone is apart.

i think 3G, wifi, and bluetooth antennas are those 3 ports. definately diagnostic.

Ok that would make sense... 1 for the 3g radio, 1 for the wifi, and 1 for the 3g. Just the placement of the one by the camera makes no sense...

Laammmeeee :( Signal booster want ;-; (for the hell of it)

Maybe that spray on antenna I saw on gizmodo would help :D damn military getting the cool stuff..

Laammmeeee :( Signal booster want ;-; (for the hell of it)

Maybe that spray on antenna I saw on gizmodo would help :D damn military getting the cool stuff..

Lol that probably would help... Maybe. Although I still think that the port may still be able to use an external antenna. I mean look at how big the hole is and easy accessibility. I may try and see if I can find out anything more.

Edit: looking at the how the ports are on the mobo it appears as if only 1 is hooked up to a chip and the other 2 are hooked up to some fuses and the metal on the case. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom