• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Extract APK

ronaldramsayii

Android Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to extract apk's from an android phone? I'd like to experiment with some of them as far as themes and stuff goes...

7zip will let you experiment with the files with out having to extract anything... Don't even have to rename it... Just adb push the file to your computer and open it up in 7zip...

7zip will let you experiment with the files with out having to extract anything... Don't even have to rename it... Just adb push the file to your computer and open it up in 7zip...

Ok. Now say I wanted to put it on another phone, say like my fiancee's Eris. Is there anyway to do that?

Shouldn't be an issue, not sure cause I haven't tried it but if the erris can install outside apps then I don't see why not, it would just be like any other .apk...

Shouldn't be an issue, not sure cause I haven't tried it but if the erris can install outside apps then I don't see why not, it would just be like any other .apk...

So all I have to do is just pull the apk from my Droid to my computer and then put it on my Eris...

So all I have to do is just pull the apk from my Droid to my computer and then put it on my fiancee's phone

So all I have to do is just pull the apk from my Droid to my computer and then put it on my Eris...

Yea thats the jist of it. Some stuff might not work it really depends on what apps you are trying to put on it. Like you try to put launcher2 on an eris its not gonna work.

Yea thats the jist of it. Some stuff might not work it really depends on what apps you are trying to put on it. Like you try to put launcher2 on an eris its not gonna work.

Oh yeah I know that wouldn't. It's more simpler apps like apps that don't really affect the phone, just the theme within the application itself. Like weather channel or something like that. You know what i mean?

Oh yeah I know that wouldn't. It's more simpler apps like apps that don't really affect the phone, just the theme within the application itself. Like weather channel or something like that. You know what i mean?

honestly not sure if it will work or not. Wont know unless you try though

APKs have absolutely no protection scheme. So yeah, just pull it off the phone and install it on the other one. Of course, for protected apps you'll need root to pull them off the phone, but based on the subforum you're in I don't think that's an issue. :)

Back
Top Bottom