• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook Contact Pictures

Hoping one of you guys can help me.. My wife and I both got DroidX's last week and came from Blackberry Tours. I've been lurking for a while and have picked up several tips and I am now loving this phone, but there's one thing that I can't seem to figure out.

When I go into my contacts list, I only have pictures for the people that are in my googletalk list, that have specified pics (i.e. gone into their own gtalk account and linked a pic). The crazy part is that my wife has pictures for all of her contacts... some of them being the same people that I have, that I don't have pics for. It appears that the phone has populated the pics using Facebook, but I can't seem to get mine to do that... any idea how?

I did a search and I only came up with someone that suggested the poster, click and save each friend's pic to their device and then link, manually. That seems terribly time consuming and my wife did NOT do that, so there must be another way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones