• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook disabled, want to re-enable it

Hi all,
I have a One Mini that I've had for maybe 6-8 months. Recently I tried to upload a video I took with my phone camera onto Facebook. It wouldn't make any progress during the upload, and every time I tried to open the app it gave me an "Are you sure you want to cancel the upload?" dialog box, which closed immediately - along with the app - before I could click anything.
In my frustration, I disabled the app. Now instead of Facebook, I have "com.facebook.katana". Seems to be a more basic version of the Facebook app. I can't upload anything on there properly either.
(I later found out that what I should have done was clear the cache and the data on the app, then maybe force stop and restart the phone. Too late now, I guess.)
I want to try and reinstall Facebook, but here's the difficulty: the Play Store can't tell that I've disabled the app. It gives me "Update" and "Open" options, rather than "Install".
Is there anything I can do?

(EDIT: "Facebook" app does not show up in the All Apps tab under Settings, but "Facebook for HTC Sense" and "com.facebook.katana" do. Hope that helps.)

- SK

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones