• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To facebook help

yeah when i go to the app and bring up the notifications there are the new ones there but the phone dont alert me when i get one. its kinda annoying to have to go to the app when i wanna see if there is new notifications.

Ok, something weird going on.

First of all, the official version of the app is still 1.3.1

Second of all, I am getting notifications just fine, so it's not the app - unless you got a bastardized copy from somewhere else.

Try uninstalling the Facebook app (I know, pretty hard to do, but if you got it from another source, I believe you can uninstall the version that you have, and it will revert to the previous version that was installed by default) and then install the market version. Then check it out.

Oh, an if you did get this form a third party site, you might also want to change you facebook password. From a different source (i.e. not from your phone).

well i uninstalled the updates and re-installed them so lets see if this works.......do i have to have the email that i sign in with on my phone like i had to do with my blackberry?:confused:

Facebook app only requires you to sign in with whatever email address that you used it doesn't check the phone to make sure that email address is also there.

Trust me on this one - my FB account was linked to my school account for the longest time, and I have never had that on my DROID.

Back
Top Bottom