• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook issues?

Same here. Was about to uninstall and reinstall till I saw this thread. Will leave alone now till it sorts itself out.

the last time this happened it was a problem with the facebook servers (after they had made a change). I heard on the news this morning that facebook are rolling out new privacy settings, maybe this has caused it. I'm sure it will resolve itself as it did last time.

My buddy is on T-Mobile and has an HTC device with a facebook app for windows mobile and he's not experiencing any problems.

I have to believe it has to do with changes facebook is making to it's processes is causing our Android app to crap out. I'm sure they know of the issue and will work on it soon enough. Just use the website for now.

having problems with Facebook for Android. When I start the app it doesn't update and gives a error message. Unistalled the update, still error. reinstalled update, still error. turned off phone and turned back on, still error. Anyone having same issue/problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

It is a problem at Facebook's end. Worry not it will be back up in no time - what did we all do before Facebook huh?! lol :rolleyes:

I've been getting this error as well and after doing some searching on google it appears many others are having the same problem. I cleared cache, uninstalled / reinstalled, rebooted and still broken. Assuming its a server issue.

yeah.. i don't want to say its widespread or anything, but there are several posts with people having the same problem, my droid included.. I haven't encountered a fix that works, so I think we just have to exercise patience unfortunately =/

it has to be the privacy settings change.. hopefully.. i'm not a big fan of the Bloo app, so hopefully they'll get the app working properly

Hi quite often when i log onto my fb on my htc hero and refresh the page it comes up with "An error has occured while fetching data (null) "

any ideas what could be the problem? this happens alot

thanks

This happened to me the other day. I had changed my password on FB on my PC, but hadn't changed the password on my Hero.

It is the new Privacy settings roll out which is causing the null (database) errors. This should be resolved by EOD tomorrow.

It is the new Privacy settings roll out which is causing the null (database) errors. This should be resolved by EOD tomorrow.

Question: Did this problem come after you installed a FB update?

I ask because about a month ago, FB app has an update available and every time I update I have the same problem. To fix, I simpley unistalled the update.

Also, as of right now I am not root, so perhaps what I say is pointless to you all.

FYI, I am receiving my replacement today so I plan to root, it is currently at local faculity :)

Back
Top Bottom