• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook log in under social networks settings

droidhiker

I received my wife's Eris last night and was setting it up for her. For some reason it wouldn't let me log into her facebook under the social network settings. She wanted to do this so she can see birthdays and have contacts connected with their fbook profiles. It would not let me log her in. It says that the service is currently unavailable. I can log her into the android facebook widget and the mobile site but not this.

I started messing around with my Eris to see if I could figure out what is wrong. I logged myself out and now I am getting the same message. I have been using this setting since day one with no problems. My wife has the update and I do not yet.

Has anyone else ran into this issue. Any suggestions are welcomed!

I have tried both of those...I tried at my house with a marginal 3g connection but wifi and at work with a full 3g connection. Neither worked.

I received my wife's Eris last night and was setting it up for her. For some reason it wouldn't let me log into her facebook under the social network settings. She wanted to do this so she can see birthdays and have contacts connected with their fbook profiles. It would not let me log her in. It says that the service is currently unavailable. I can log her into the android facebook widget and the mobile site but not this.

I started messing around with my Eris to see if I could figure out what is wrong. I logged myself out and now I am getting the same message. I have been using this setting since day one with no problems. My wife has the update and I do not yet.

Has anyone else ran into this issue. Any suggestions are welcomed!

I had the same issue last night. Tried about a dozen times over a couple of hours.

Worked fine today. Must have been a glitch on their side.

Strange thing....when I Gmail transferred my contacts from the old Eris to the new, none of the contacts that have facebook contacts show with the pictures. Yet on the contact, it still shows it's connected to a facebook profile. I have to remove it, then re-connect it.

I am having the same problem. Just got my eris today and can log in to fbook app but not the fbook in contacts. Guess I will just keep trying.

Has anyone used the Facebook app from Marketplace? Is it the same as the app that came stock on the Moto Droid? I had that phone for two weeks and traded it in for the Eris.

If I download the Facebook app in Marketplace, will it screw up my contacts (since I've already integrated them in the HTC Social Network section)? I don't want to get duplicate contacts. I've simply been using the touch.facebook.com.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom