• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facing problems with SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE EDGE. PLEASE HELP!

M

MeeshaZee

bought samsung Galaxy Note edge a couple months back and since then I have been facing issues regarding battery drainage ( it drains in 3 hours of continous use even with power saving and reduced brightness), over heating and now ever since the new android update, it's slow, keeps getting stuck in which case it shuts down and restarts and most of all, it refuses my fingerprint and ask for back up password. Now before the undate, this only happened twice in 4 months. But after the update, it rejects my fingerprint 10 to 25 times a day. It also restarts spontaneously out of no where. And sometimes it stops receiving and sending messages and calls even with full bars then I have to restart my phone a couple times to get it to send texts. This happens 4 to 10 times a day and tbh it's getting annoying. I bought this phone with a lot of hopes but it's annoying me alot

You might want to try wiping the system cache partition to see if it makes any difference. That's a common maintenance task to do after any system update. Since things seem to have gotten worse after the update there might be some corrupted file(s) in the system cache that needs to be manually deleted. The system cache is different than regular app caches, and it won't affect your personal data or apps you've installed.
- Power off your Note.
- Start it back up by simultaneously holding down the Home, the Volume up button, and the Power button.
- When your Note vibrates, you can stop pressing on the Power button, but continue holding down the Home and Volume up buttons until your Note is running in its Recovery Mode (it's clearly different as it's a text based interface).
- You'll need to use the volume buttons to navigate to the 'wipe system cache' option, and the Power button to select it. (this will only take a couple of seconds)
- Use the Volume buttons and select 'reboot system now' so your Note restarts itself.

The internal storage memory in your Note has several different partitions. Normally you don't or can't access the system-related partitions. A Factory Reset doesn't affect the system partitions, it only wipes clean the general user partition (where all of your stuff is stored). If wiping the system cache partition doesn't help, and then a Factory Reset doesn't help, at that point you've probably done more than you need to for a relatively new phone. Document the problems you've had and take it back to where you bought it to get a replacement. Don't let your phone get into your head, it's supposed to make your quality of life better, not worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones